Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos SC Shooter

Brazos SC Shooter

Bender and I had a wager and needless to say, I won. We also had a shoot off afterwards, which he won the best 2 out of 3.

"Needless to say," lol :)

You really are shooting well Drew. We'll have to do it again next month :devil:

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Needless to say," lol :)

That really made me sound like an ass. :blink: That wasn't my intent.

I have been owned several times prior to this match by Pharaoh and I don't think I have ever beaten Chris in a match. I am proud that I am now running with these guys and their help and advice has been part of the reason I have improved like I have.

I look forward to many more matches with you guys. Next up is Rayner's, but I think you all are in Georgia.

The offer still stands, if you make it to I-70 and 37, I will drive from there. Just PM in advance.

Edited by Brazos SC Shooter

• 2 weeks later...

4/20/08

I shot at Rayner's today. I had a pretty good match. Tom had another one of the stages with the "helicopter" prop. I have yet to learn how to shoot this damn thing consistantly. I did really well on 4 of the six stages, ok on one and zero'd one. Fortunately, the stage I bombed was the smallest point stage of the day. I feel good about my performance and think I will take Limited but I don't think HOA is possible. If you are going to bomb a stage, might as well be the one with the fewest points.

I got the call from Jim that my gun was back from IonBond and that he should have it back together and test fired this weekend. Unfortunately, I have to go to New York for work and won't be home until late Thursday night. I should be ready and waiting for me when I get home.

For those of you who have kept up with diary I am not going to New York City. <_< I thinnk that city has been permanently removed from the earth as far as I am concerned. I am going to Albany so it won't be to bad. On this same note, I has been a year since my NYC event. My record is now clean. The judge said as long as I led my life as an upstanding citizen for the next 12 months my record would be clear. As far as they know, I did that. Others might not agree.

4/22/08

The results have come in for the Rayner's match. I was able to pull out a win in Limited. I did zero a stage just as I thought. I was talking with my friend Pat Scott at the match and he made a comment that seemed to hit home. I have not been able to explain how I am shooting the way I am without practicing. He mentioned I am probably not trying to shoot well and just relying on all of the skills I engrained during last year's practice.

I know last year I really pushed to shoot well and as it has been said here many many times. The more you are thinking about shooting the more you take yourself out of the moment and get in the way of shooting.

I also know that I can't be content with not ever practicing again. I am so busy building my business that I am lucky to get out to my two matches a month. It is working for the moment but I know it is short lived.

I am going to try to make it to Area 8. I would like to see if I can continue to shoot like this with the pressure of a major match.

Lastly, a good shooting buddy, with whom I have shot many IDPA and USPSA matches with, let me know he was moving back to Japan July 15th. I have really enjoyed getting to know Hisahito, we all call him Tad. He is a great squad mate and competitor. He shoots with great discipline. Safe travels home and hopefully our paths will cross again in the future. I will look forward to shooting with you the last couple of months before you leave.

4/26/08

Got back from NY on Friday. It was uneventful, just like I like it. I got the call/email while I was gone that Jim has the gun put back together and is going to try to get it test fired this weekend. Hopefully, that means I have it in my hands by Wednesday, but no later than Friday. I thought it might arrive while I was in NY but no such luck. It will be worth the wait I am sure.

• 4 weeks later...

5/22/08

My new 6" has arrived. I don't think I am going to change my name like I did last time. The gun is from Jim Anglin at Sailor's Custom Pistols. I have put about 250 rounds through it and it runs great. There were some minor adjustments that were needed and Jim took care of it real quick like.

post-8197-1211431890.jpg

The results from Rayner's are in. I had another good match. There were a couple of misses but I was able to pul out a win in Limited and 3rd overall. I have been feeling really good about my shooting and am looking forward to shooting Area 8 on Friday.

Combined I am pleased to be able to hang with the likes of Flex and Flyin.

Limited

I am debating whether or not to use the new gun in the match. I am confident it will run, I am just not sure how I will run with a new element in the mix. I have been very solid with my Brazos this season so I think I will stick with that and just have my new gun as a back up.

I am on the road to Area 8. 4am came really early this morning. I have been on the road since 4:45. The sun is just now coming up and it looks like it will be a gorgeous day to shoot. Temps are cool and there is no rain in the forcast.

I am excited to shoot this match. I know I have been improving and I think this will be a great litmus test for measuring that. This match always has awesome stages and top notch staff.

I just passed Cabela's and now passing into PA. GPS says only 56 miles left.

I hate that WV is the only state on this trip with a 70 MPH limit on I70. Even worse is you only get that speed limit for 3 miles before you are into PA and it is back to 65. With 4.00 gas maybe I should be driving 55. :(

Obviously I am bored by myself. I have been cranking my favorite Austin TX bands and it really has me missing home. I have ARC Angels in now. Next up is Soulhat and Storyville. For those who don't know these guys you should check them out. The ARC Angels were the members of Stevie Ray Vaughn's band who put this album after his death. A great local artist by the name of Charlie Sexton stepped on guitar and vocals in place of SVR. When you here him play it is crystal clear who his major influence was. Here is some worthless knowledge for you. ARC stands for Austin Rehersal Complex which is where SVR and Double Trouble rehersed when they weren't touring.

Once again the Area 8 match was an awesome shooting challenge. The use of hard cover and no shoots really push you to shoot deliberately rather than grip and rip. The staff was great and I enjoyed shooting with the folks in squad 12.

As for my performance I think I am disappointed. I reduced my total misses from last year but there were still to many. My stage plans were solid and with the exception of 1 stage I shotthem just as I had invisioned. It was the execution part that wasn't as sharp. <_<

As of right now I didn't even shoot an A class %. With Two days left and a ton of shooters to go that will only go down. I am exhausted so I will think a little more and critique my performance tomorrow.

5/26/08

The final results are in. I can say that improved over last year. I am disappointed that I didn't shoot a % in my class. Last year I was 6th B, and this year I was 7th A. I improved my % and moved up from 28th last year to 19th. These are all improvements but it is just not where I thought I was.

Good job. You are improving. Sometimes the improvements are small.

By increasing your % of the HOA you are improving more than you may realize. Remember those above you at the match are trying to improve too. You are gaining ground on them.