Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos SC Shooter

Brazos SC Shooter

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Quick & Robert. I appreciate the comments. I can't wait to get my hands on the new gun.

While I haven't had much time to dry fire I think I have made a good switch to my approach. I felt like last year I had good stage plans but would get in such a rush that I was accepting bad sight pictures and flying through stages in a "points be damned" manner. I was not really accepting or acknowledging the kind of damage I was doing to my scores.

This weekend will be a special classifier at Circleville. I will apply the same approach and the scores should follow.

Hope to see you there, Robert.

Edited by Brazos SC Shooter

3/1/08

Special Classifier - We shot a special classifier at Circleville today. I actualy shot through two times. I was less than 3% away from A Class and I believe I sowed that up. I had three runs over 80% so making Master in 2008 is looking like a real possibility.

I didn't shoot a clean match today which was one of my goals. We shot one of the new classifiers with 35 yard shots and I missed low to the tune of 4 mikes. There were two other mikes. I did not shoot with patience.

I am not sure what the final numbers will bear out but I think I have jumped up to approx. 81%, for which I am very pleased.

Glad you had a good show today Drew. Sorry I couldn't make it out...I had some stuff come up.

We'll have to postpone our wager until next time :)

No problem. Will you be shooting at Rayner's next weekend or at their Cancer Match? If so we can pick it up next Sunday.

Glad you had a good show today Drew. Sorry I couldn't make it out...I had some stuff come up.

We'll have to postpone our wager until next time :)

No problem. Will you be shooting at Rayner's next weekend or at their Cancer Match? If so we can pick it up next Sunday.

Its Miamisburg this coming weekend and Rayners the weekend after. You headed to Miamisburg Drew??

Flyin

So what the bet this time ladies ? :huh:

• Some sort of humiliating shirt again ?
  • Maybe carrying the other guys range bag at the W. PA match later this season ? :rolleyes:
  • Maybe painting your gun & holster blue ............ oh wait you've already done that. ;) How about painting it Bright Pink up until the Nationals.

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

3/5/08

The results from last weekend's match were posted and I forgo to mention it. I won limited again. There were only two of us so I am not hanging my hat on it. No updates on the new gun.

Flyin - thanks for the heads up. I would have driven down on Sunday and gotten laughed at again.

Bender - I won't be able to make it this weekend.

Chris - we haven't finalized the wager yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to log my practice last weekend. Dry fired for about an hour and then loaded 2000 rounds to get that out of the way.

Well I finally made it to A class. Just checked the site.

classification.bmp

My original goal was to have this rank by July of last year. I knew it would come and things have progressed just as they were supposed to. I have shifted my focus to just shooting consistently and letting the classes come when they come.

I anticipate I will be well on my way to M class after the results of the last classifier match.

I am looking forward to this weekend's match at Rayner's. Hopefully the weather will be nice and there will be a good turn out.

We all do when we 1st get there ........ :)

Give it some time and see how it fits in a year or so.

Thanks Chirs. A year at each level seems like the comfortable thing. One the other hand I know that sometime we have to do the uncomfortable things to achieve greatness. Bottom line is I am glad to have have achieved another one of my goals and we'll just see what happens.

3/16/08

Shot the Rayner's match this week. As usual there is a large amount of steel. I think this has been a huge confidence builder to shoot this much steel. I wasn't real pleased with today's outing. I had moments of lights out shooting and then there were a couple of stages where you would have thought the lights were out by how poorly I did. As a result I don't have feel for how I will do in the overall results for Limited.

The classifier was the new one "7". I tanked it. Fortunately it will be far enough below to not be included. I smoked two stages, tanked one, good on another and decent on the last. The only saving grace is the two I didn't do so well on where lower point stages.

Once the results are posted, likely tomorrow, I will put them in here.

As usual it was great to shoot with the likes of Flex & Flyin40. There were at least 4 other BE folks on our squad, but of course I don't know their screen names. It was good to see and shoot with them as well.

3/17/08

The results were posted and it looks like I won my division again. This was unexpected since I really tanked one stage in particular. In fact it was a big ZERO. There were 16 competitors in Limited this time so I feel pretty good. What I can take away from this performance was doing poorly on small stages wasn't as damaging as it could have been. I was able to put that stage out of my mind and finish strong on the remaining stages.

When I looked at the other division winners I was actually the lowest in point total, so that would put me at 6th overall.

The two stages that were not good for me were because I was not seeing my front sight and going faster than I could see an acceptable sight picture. The stages were I saw well I did well. I just need to continue to be patient.

Division Name USPSA Competitors

Limited Drew B. A56546 16

Limited_10 Millard M. A56749 3

Open John F. A40907 4

Production Kyle F. A44001 8

Revolver Pat S. A58486 3

Single Stack Dave M. A15399 2

• 3 weeks later...

04/09/08

I felt really good about my performance this last weekend. I was anxiously awaiting the results which were posted this morning. I am not sure what exactly has changed but I have now won my 4th match in a row. This last weekend I was in some great company and it was very close. It was also another match in which I had no Mikes/Penalties/No Shoots. It is amazing what happens to your scores when those are eliminated.

Bender and I had a wager and needless to say, I won. We also had a shoot off afterwards, which he won the best 2 out of 3.

I am not dry firing or live firing right now. Things are very busy with my business. It is working for now but I know it won't last forever.

Here are the results.

Circleville