Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Should I Use?

Stuck in C

I shoot production with a G34, and sometimes Limited with a G35. I also have a CZ IPSC Standard set up for Limited, which I am practicing with but have never shot in a match. It will eventually become my primary Limited pistol. I intend to try and get classified in Limited-10 since I want to put my name on the waiting list for the Nationals in Missoula. I'm not sure what I should use: the G35 or the CZ. I could also use one of my .45 1911's with Wilson 10 round magazines. Too many options...

Heh, I've been in the same boat for a while. Got lots of guns that I've rotated through since getting introduced to this sport a couple years ago. I like shooting them all and it's taken time to figure out what works best. For me, it seems like I do the best with my Glocks and I go back and forth between Limited and Production - mainly shooting Production when I haven't had time to reload and I shoot factory stuff. I'm trying to focus on the Glock platform this year, but I'll still mix in the others from time to time for a little variety and fresh mind set. Shooting open, for example, seems to help my iron sight shooting, even though I don't consider myself a very good open shooter. It points out any sloppiness in my draw. Figure out which gun you shoot most consistently with and stick with it if you want to move up though. I know it's hard to stick with one when you've got a safe full of blasters that you enjoy shooting. Just ain't fair to leave the others behind, is it? :lol: