Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sleeve To Replace Para Pxt Extractor With A Standard One

Adam B

Does anyone make a sleeve to install in at para with the PXT extractor tunnel so I can remove this POS, sorry PXT extractor, and install a standard extractor, or even an aftec if possible?

I too checked into "sleeving" the Para but even Smiths who are experts on the Para couldn't help (sleeve wall would be too thin). I was down to pulling/cleaning the extractor after every match. Finally, I emailed Para with a request for a replacement and they sent me a new extractor head and a couple springs free of charge. Replacement has solved the problem for now but I suspect it is just a matter of time.

I don't know if there is enough meat in the slide to allow drilling/reaming the extractor hole to a large enough size to allow a sleeve with sufficient wall thickness to be inserted. If so, some enterprising machinist could likely make a bundle doing retrofits

Hello: Having never seen the Para extractor and the diameter of it. I can think of one way to fix it. Can you install the sleeve onto the extractor instead of the hole in the slide? If you sleeve the areas on the stock extractor but to the larger diameter to suit the Para slide it should work I think. I would bore the sleeve first then press it on the extractor and then turn the outside. Hope this helps. Thanks Eric