Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aware / A7 Championship

2007_A7_AWARE_Reg.pdfFolks,

The 2007 shooting season is upon us. As many of you know the Area 7 Championship and the AWARE invitatinal match will be held together this year. The match will be in Morisville VT, July 19-22.

This years theme is "urban legends" We have courses of fire with boogfoot, aligators in the sewer, DB Cooper, lost city of atlantis and of course Elvis.

We have a new match website up at www.area7aware.com . You will find the applications there, directions, links to lodging and sponsors. If you chose to stay at the match hotel, the Commodores Inn in Stowe, call in your reservation and ask for the GMPS rate. We are working on getting a match rate availible on their website online booking by the end of the week, for now to get the discount you will have to call. For registration, we will be using the online squadiing system so you can pick your own squad to shoot with.

Please check the website often, we will be constantly adding stages, additional attractions, sponsors and other information.

I hope to se all our old friends again this year. Come have some fun in Vermont, and bring the family along.

Scot Chapman

Match Director

www.area7aware.com

• 3 weeks later...

Still a lot of room left in this match. I wish I could make it this year, but I can't....

Great stages, people, props, and scenery!

Where else can you go cow-tipping DURING a stage????? :ph34r:post-5979-1174744592.jpg

post-5979-1174745707.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I almost think that we should not squad people together other than parent child or Husband/Wife.

I travel all over and shoot allmost exclusively with the same people I always shoot with at home. At the AWARE this year I don't think I know any one I will be shooting with. A chance to meet new people might not be so bad a thing.

All I need to do now is make reservations for the family for the week.

Jim

I almost think that we should not squad people together other than parent child or Husband/Wife.

I travel all over and shoot allmost exclusively with the same people I always shoot with at home. At the AWARE this year I don't think I know any one I will be shooting with. A chance to meet new people might not be so bad a thing.

All I need to do now is make reservations for the family for the week.

Jim

I am thinking the same thing. I enjoy meeting up with these good ole' boys, but it is also a chance to shoot with some new people!

The Area 7 Championship / 2007 AWARE Invitationsal is filling up fast. Saturday only has a couple of slots left and Sunday is getting full. Come enjoy the fun and sun in Vermont. Bring the family, there are numerous attractions in the Stowe area to keep them entertained.

• 2 weeks later...

35 minutes South on Rte. 100 (or less- I drive slow)

Make sure to perturb the antis by wearing pro-gun stuff and being really nice to them.

B + J is known for their anti stance, but do make a pretty good product :)

Edited by Mooney

• 2 weeks later...

I looked up the previous stage designs from 2006 and the stages look very exciting! The only thing I wonder is about the steel poppers and plates......didn't see a whole lot of metal.....is this the norm?

We try to give every stage a unique character, both artistically and as a shooting challenge. I would say that, yes, as a general rule we tend to have more paper than steel, but you certainly will see Pepper Poppers, US Poppers, and plates sprinkled throughout, both "easy" ones and a few fairly challenging shots. We're also known for a variety of interesting activated targets... something new every year.

• 3 weeks later...