Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson Base Pads

D.Hayden

Ok.. I must be missing something..

And installing is too big a word for this.

Bought some Dawson basepads... there's a little note inside that says 'You do not need to modify your mag tubes..."

I can't slide the little door-thingy closed.. I'm 2 steps away from a dremel to take that little tab off the mag body.

Whats the trick?

lol Instructions? There are no instructions...

just this little paper that says:

"Thanks for buying my basepads. I want you to know that with this basepad design, you do not need to modify your mag tunes as shown below.

Remember to always replace your mag spring eith whe DP Extended Mag Spring (DP part# GLK02)

Great Shooting, Dave Dawson"

I can see if I dremel off the little bump on the one side, I'd be all set... but considering it says no mods needed.. I figure I'm missing something"

Edited by BerKim

I've had 5 Dawson basepads for the Glock, sold them, and just bought 3 more. Don't need to Dremel *anything*, at least in my experience with 8 of them.

And there are no instructions.

The tricky part is making sure the base of the magazine, fits into the channel of the basepad properly. You might think it's in there, but really make sure the mag is square to the pad and push and wiggle a little bit. It should take very little effort to close the gate, if the magazine is aligned properly, in my experience.

Steve