Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hogue Handall Or Pachmayer Sleeve On Sti/sv Frame

surfmaster

Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask whether anyone has tried to place a Hogue Handall or Pachmayer grip sleeve on the grip of their STI or SV open (and limited) race gun? Reason is mine has a stippled (dimpled) surface but yet I still feel I cannot get a firm grip on the gun.

I recall years ago when I used to shoot a single-stack, steel-frame with hogue wrap around grips that felt great and allowed me to better control the gun.

BTW, is it legal to use such a slip-on grip?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

For an Open gun? You can hang a sink on the pistol in Open division. If you like the Hogue overgrip, use it.

Grip tape like TruGrip may be a better choice. You can try it on top of your stipple grip, and if you like the feel consider sanding the grip smooth and applying the TruGrip to the smooth surface where it'll last a lot longer.

surfmaster,

click search and type in silica.

practice to be be able to make thin end even spread

I had an STI with stippled grip and I am not satisfied with it. I applied silica on that grip and it made night and day difference on grip.

Try getting some mountain bike inner tubes of various diameters and see what you can make fit.

...BULL$HIT!!!!

Wussy using tubes.

you don't have a hair on your A$$ if you don't use some knobby mountain bike TIRES and glue them onto the grip :lol: