Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• 2 weeks later...

Flex --- contact your section coordinator (or Area director) for the actual number of slots distributed to your section. Since they are distributed predicated on mission count in your section, and if what you say is true, then there must not have been very much activity in your section.

We have a club or two in our section that "pinches pennies" by not sending in monies to USPSA headquarters that reflect the actual number of shooters that attend their matches, yet they howl to high heaven when their clubs get by-passed for Nationals slots.

Hope this helps,

Our new section coordinator was the one to inform me.  He is checking into it.

I don't think the mission count (local clubs) would have been down.  It must be that Ohio didn't have a section match last year.  The Toledo club that was scheduled to host the match lost it's range.  I am kinda pissed.  They knew their range was in question...there should have been a backup plan.  Other ranges could have hosted.

Flex --- your S.C. should have gotten an activity report for the entire year (2001) about 6weeks or so ago, detailing each clubs mission count and activity credits. Ask if you can see it or get a copy; it should explain why only three slots were issued to your section.

As for the number of USPSA members in your state, there are probably a good number who never shoot a match, so raw numbers won't tell you much.