Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Svi Tri-glide Sear Spring

Flatland Shooter

I'm fine tuning an order for Brownell's and came across something I've not seen before.

The SVI Tri-Glide titanium sear spring (on catalog page 158) is available in 1911 and SVI/STI/Para high cap versions.

Since the parts are going into a Para, the choice should be obvious. But I've always used the stock 1911 sear springs and was wondering if anyone knew what the difference between the two sear springs is.

Any information is appreciated.

Bill

The hi-cap version is a hair shorter in leg length in my experience. I use standard 1911 springs in all my doublestacks.

You really should use the whole tri-glide system if you want it to work as well as it can.

The hi-cap version is a hair shorter in leg length in my experience. I use standard 1911 springs in all my doublestacks.

You really should use the whole tri-glide system if you want it to work as well as it can.

Fast response! Thanks HSMITH. I plan on using the tri-glide sear spring and tri-glide disconnector with an EGW hard sear. I did not find a tri-glide trigger for Paras on the Infinity website. but if they had one, I would include it.

I know several forum members have indicated that they ground off the steel ball, but I want to give it a try in its stock configuration. Considering the small expense of a new disconnector down the road, I'm not sure that in my case the change is warranted.

When you say you use the standard 1911 springs in all your doublestacks, are any of those tri-glide sear springs, or do you use another brand.

Again, thank you.

Bill

Bill, I don't use the tri-glide in any of my guns. I find I shoot better points and do so faster with a 2.5 pound or heavier trigger. 2.5-5 seems to be the sweet spot for me. I can do this easily with a LOT of diifferent components without the added expense of the tri-glide components.

I use the Tri-glide sear spring and won't use anything else now. Its a reduced power sear spring so its for lighter pulls. I dropped in a EGW sear, Koenig hammer with the tri-glide sear spring and it came in at 1.5lbs or so. That was too light for me so I adjusted the leaf to get it up to 2lbs. One thing about the Titanium sear spring is that you have to be careful bending it alot. I have never had it happen to me but I have heard they break if you go overboard bending them.

Flyin40

I agree with Nate. The tab is longer in the hi-cap model. When I bought it I was forced to cut it lightly to fit it in my Edge. Plus the spring is longer than a typical sear spring because the SVI disconnector is shorter than typical disconnector so it needs to be push more to up. So if you wanna use a no triglide set disconnector you must shorter the spring bending more the tab and cut it because it became longer and rub on the mag.

Hope it help.

Edited by Josh Biondi

I agree with Nate. The tab is longer in the hi-cap model. When I bought it I was forced to cut it lightly to fit it in my Edge. Plus the spring is longer than a typical sear spring because the SVI disconnector is shorter than typical disconnector so it needs to be push more to up. So if you wanna use a no triglide set disconnector you must shorter the spring bending more the tab and cut it because it became longer and rub on the mag.

Hope it help.

O.K. Order placed. I hope I got it right.

Since I'm using the SVI disconnector I need the longer length of the high cap sear spring and when installed I need to trim the tab so that it will not touch the magazines.

Correct?

Bill

Hope it help.

Since I'm using the SVI disconnector I need the longer length of the high cap sear spring and when installed I need to trim the tab so that it will not touch the magazines.

Correct?

Bill

I have them in both guns and I have never had to trim anything.

Flyin40

Hope it help.

Correct?

Bill

Hi Bill,

the best way to follow is to buy the parts you'll need and check how the parts will fit in the grip and the frame. May be you'll not need to trim...or may be yes... but you must check it before to know what to do.

Enjoy it because the SVI sear spring is a great spring to use.

josh