Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Teaching New Shooters

SinistralRifleman

I've been running free intro to multi-gun classes for about a year and a half for anyone that is interested to attend. As a result, attendence at the local matches has increased, and more people are getting involved.

Today one of my friends had me run a class for a young men's group from his church. This was the first class I've done that I incorporated some shooting into. Half the class was classroom covering safety rules, range procedures, and scoring. The other half of the class we drove out to the desert and I ran the boys through some shooting drills.

group-1.jpg

The boys all seemed to have a good time, and they were quick learners. They were enthusiastic, and I won't be suprised if they become actively involved in competitive shooting in the future.

As long as it's convenient for me to do these classes, I'll keep doing them for free. We need more people actively involved in the shooting sports if we want firearms ownership and our shooting sports to continue. If we're not growing, we're dying.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

As long as it's convenient for me to do these classes, I'll keep doing them for free. We need more people actively involved in the shooting sports if we want firearms ownership and our shooting sports to continue. If we're not growing, we're dying.

+1

Same mentality here, which is why I distributed over 1,000 flyers this spring for our clubs IDPA and USPSA matches this year at various gun shops, police + fire departments, etc. Got to get those with "guns in the safe" out to realize that there is are sports for them to take part in.

If I can get someone to try it, I WILL "hook" 'em. :)

Church groups huh... never thought of that market!

B)