Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fl Idpa - State Match

It's almost here and I don't see any gossip threads.

Brian's running it at CFRPC in Orlando, a great guy and a great facility. I think this will be the Robbie Bolam memorial match. Robbie was a great guy, and shooting buddy of ours who passed unexpectedly recently.

This will be my first Big IDPA match in several years. I've either been traveling or helping them run them, but this year, I am just plain, old shooter-dude.

I've made some friends and ruffled some feathers with my PERCEIVED anti-IDPA sentiments. I'm still a fan and will be there ready to have a blast. So without naming names, I'll invite all the BENOS-verse IDPA'ers to come on out. Ask me if I am "That jerk from Enos." and I'll plead guilty before buying you a beer.

Now, onto match gossip....

Who's shooting what?

Who's traveling far?

Edited by dirtypool40

I am entered.

SSP-SS with P226

From North Alabama, ca 750 miles... but Bruce Gray (who tweaked my P226) is teaching a class in the area the next weekend and I have friends in Tampa to crash with meanwhile.

[Two weeks later, the Tri-State Regional in Memphis to see if I learn anything.]

I'm torn but I think I'll end up in ESP.

Beyond that I WANT to shoot me STI, but lack of holster and the tricky slide lock thing may force me into shooting a skinny gun.

I think I have PaulW talked into shooting CDP with his newly arriving TRP.

Shot my ESP set up last night at an indoor local. Gun ran fine, I had fun, and I am really looking forward to the match.

Anyone from on here going?

I know PaulW, SmittyFL and I are there, maybe Sharyn will bring the camera...

Shot my ESP set up last night at an indoor local. Gun ran fine, I had fun, and I am really looking forward to the match.

Anyone from on here going?

I know PaulW, SmittyFL and I are there, maybe Sharyn will bring the camera...

It was a very good match...

Who won?

Are the scores available anywhere?

Rob says a CDP guy was HOA. I WAS NOT.

I had fun, but the gun had hiccups and I had some problems.

Fun match though. I'll do it again.

Yes, we all had fun...I hope they do it again next year. :D

Brian did a GREAT job. We appreciate his hard work. Excellent SO staff, but I would love to see the scores posted somewhere.

Since we couldn't wait around, we missed the final numbers. :( Any ideas where to look?

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Thanks.

Anyone seen the final report yet?

I can remember this much:

Donnie B.--ESP HOA

Jim B.--CDP HOA

Massaad A. -ESR HOA

I can't remember the gentlemen's name that won SSP HOA but I think he also won Match HOA.

That sounds about right. I thought Donnie said he shot a mid 250, I do remember "Jeff" saying he shot 247ish.

CDP was 275 or so (I think, I haven't actually added it up). Tough match for CDP; 5 or 6 18 rounders.

Good match, some unique stuff. Lots of distance, several opportunities to foul up (no shoots, hard cover and procedurals).

It's easy to take USPSA for granted, but the last major IDPA results available on the home page's website are from back in January.

No February results (Arkansas Winter Classic and S&W Winter Classic). No March results (Fl IDPA).

Edited by boo radley

My buddy Jeff Degracia was HOA for the match and SSP at around 240 sec. Yeah "TITO"!!! In ESP MA Donnie was 1st at 250ish, Shay at 270 and I brought up the rear at 280. <_<

CDP HOA was MA Jim Bodkin at 292, PaulW shooting CDP came in at 314.

Bench racing the scores can be pretty frustrating....

Stage 1 I dumped 15 seconds in dumb "forgot to shoot the head shots at 6y misses" on one string, and was only ten off a winning pace. :(

I won stage 3, stage 4 by four seconds, and was a tenth off the winner on 7. :) So when the gun ran, and I understood what the hell I was supposed to do, I was "in the hunt".

For example, On 8 I had an argument with myself about how to finish a stage without incurring "the wrath" after the first of a weird series of really bad double feed malfs. The talk and clearing took about 12-13 seconds, and I was only 8 seconds off a winning run.

Overall, I dropped 15 sec on #1, and roughly 12 talking to myself on #8. I had four more stages with that same icky double feed at the worst times, but by then I was getting better at clearing them. :rolleyes:

Not to whine about "what if's" but just the damage from #1 and #8 put me about 27 seconds back, and I was only 30 out of HOA ESP and 40 out of HOA for the match.

Turns out the "guessed at instead of tested load" was too light to reliably cycle the gun and it clearly cost me .......a "better" finish.

Lesson learned.

Had fun though, I'll do it again. B)

Edited by dirtypool40

My "Mall Ninja Supremo" SV. Runs 1000% with major, even factory length and defense loads.

Handloading for the "real world" 125.01pf :unsure: we got the load too light, <_< scorching around the casemouth, hot pepper on your face, those kind of symptoms. It wouldn't drive the slide far enough to eject about every tenth round.

I'll do more testing and load developement before next big IDPA dealie.

Still a cool gun.

It is kind of funny that it is sometimes harder to make them run with the 125 pf stuff than it is with 165pf. It took forever to get my wife's STI to be reliable. Finally had to swap it to 9mm (from 38 super) and go to a hotter powder.

Glad you enjoyed the match. That one was a little more run and gun than most but that's cool too.

Going to Double Tap?

Jim