Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zero Bullets / 2007 Price Increase

Okie-Glocker

Looks like the Zero 125gr JHP at Ghost holster has gone up 10% or so ($16 per 3K). Not too bad I suppose. This particular bullet is still on backorder at Ghost and Powder Valley.

I spoke with the fine folks at the Zero plant yesterday and said they just began a new "run" on producing the 125gr JHP. PV hopes to have them in stock next week and I managed to get in on the backorder waiting list to lock in the old price. The PV folks told me that as soon as they sell all of this next batch, that they would have to bump up the price (how much he wouldn't say).

I have heard rumors locally that there will be another price increase on loaded ammo and components accross the board around May 07 to the tune of 40% (Good Lord, I hope not! :angry: ). This is not confirmed of course but wanted to see what you guys have heard in other parts of the country.

Thanks,

Okie

As a raw material, lead was more expensive in November 2006 than it is now. Not sure why the big rumored price increases...unless manufacturers have worked through their stockpiles and are only now raising prices, which would be surprising since we have been seeing substantial price increases throughout the last year or more.

http://www.kitconet.com/charts/metals/base...ad-1y-Large.gif