Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How To Increase Speed In Movements ....

Stefano

I'll warn you about something here... I agree with glock17w that observing the top shooters will really help you a bunch, especially if you learn through osmosis... However, don't get hung up on trying to move "just like so-and-so". If you don't have their body type, with their proportion of fast-twitch muscles, their conditioning, and their personal temperment, its never going to happen. Instead, focus on what they do, and why they do it (ask questions, if you're in person - after they've shot the stage). You don't have to move as snappily as TJ or TT to shoot and move as quickly as they do... You do have to have the shooting skills, the stage breakdown skills, and the movement skills together to get there, however...

Heck, if guys like Robbie or Taran can beat the small, skinny, snappy looking guys on a regular basis, I'd say you don't have to move "like a cat".... If you do, I might as well quit right now... :lol:

Totally agree !

I've also noticed (looking a lot of Dvds ...) that each Top Shooter has his own "way of doing things", and each of them he enterprets the same skill with a little bit difference fron the others ...

For this motive (in my opinion) the 3GM Dvd is great: you cau observe the same basic skill from 3 different point of view, and so you can choose that one you prefer.

Apart this another basic skill that (always in my opinion ...) is very-very important is learning how to CONTROL yourself: your movement, your body, your mind, etc. etc.

All of us know (and probably makes very good) a lot of basic skills: the problem is "put them all together" when executing the stage, in a smooth and efficent way ....