Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slr Lens Filters For Indoors

I'm a Obsessive Compulsive Chimper!!

I Chimp big time on College Football Games :lol:

You should have seen me Chimping away at the Nationals :D

What the hell is chimping?

:huh:

I'm picturing you all Pan troglodytes walking the Tulsa range, dragging your knuckles on the new sod, photo gear hanging from your neck and bananas sticking out of your vest pockets...

:)

What the hell is chimping?

:huh:

I'm picturing you all Pan troglodytes walking the Tulsa range, dragging your knuckles on the new sod, photo gear hanging from your neck and bananas sticking out of your vest pockets...

:)

Chimping is when you are looking at the Pictures in the LCD on the back of your DSLR and when you see a good image you start making this sound Hoo-Hoo, Ugh-Ugh, Ahh-Ahh like a Chimp!! Therefore you are Chimping!! You should see us at the sidelines of the MU Games!! After a good play the sound of Chimping is louder than the band, Cheering and the Canon going off!!

Y

Edited by ysued

Hey, on top of that, I just inherited a bunch of cool camera gear - back to film, in some respects. I now have Hassy med format, Linhof 4x5 stuff, a Calumet C-1 "Black Beast" 8x10 camera, and a dearth of Kodak Stereo Realist cameras to play with.... :D I'm in camera hog-heaven over here....

AHHHHH 4X5..

love shooting 4X5..something about getting wet and smellin' of chemicals..

XRe..you lucky dog....

The Sweet smell of Dektol and D-76 in the morning!! The smell of Victory!!

Y

Hey, on top of that, I just inherited a bunch of cool camera gear - back to film, in some respects. I now have Hassy med format, Linhof 4x5 stuff, a Calumet C-1 "Black Beast" 8x10 camera, and a dearth of Kodak Stereo Realist cameras to play with.... :D I'm in camera hog-heaven over here....

AHHHHH 4X5..

love shooting 4X5..something about getting wet and smellin' of chemicals..

XRe..you lucky dog....

Y

Dektol, D-76, and ooooh HC-110......

.....and days of walking into high school gyms for basketball, with Tri-X in the camera, looking around and going Hmm, it's a 20, no 21 minute gym ---- referring to the (highly im-) proper

developing time required to deal with the significant underexposure......

Y

.....and days of walking into high school gyms for basketball, with Tri-X in the camera, looking around and going Hmm, it's a 20, no 21 minute gym ---- referring to the (highly im-) proper

ahhh..the secret recipes....HC110, Diafine, Acufine, FG7...

feracyanide, and fixer spots on my shirts, shoes, and jeans... :D:D

Edited by eerw

Woo Hoo!!! We're on serious drift mode, here.... :D

Actually, I've got extras, and I'm going to probably sell off a few things to help pay for the stuff I don't yet have (scanner of some sort for MF/LF film, spot meter (maybe), better tripod/head, stuff to dip 4x5 and 8x10 B&W, etc). If you guys are interested in knowing what I've got for sale, when/if I get it going, let me know....

I've got to figure out what I need to dip film from these suckers. It doesn't appear that its easy to do LF film in hand inversion tanks (like, it takes way too much chemical, for starters). I don't have an easy way to build a darkroom in the house, so tray developing is probably out... Hmm.... Chromes are easy, of course... ;) Those get sent off in the mail....

I'm open to suggestions on recipes ;) I've only used HC-110 in the past. Reading up a lot about different things, of course... For starters, I'll probably try to use quick loads of some sort on 4x5, which limits film choices, and is expensive. I need to get some film holders, too, come to think of it.... ;)

The stereo camera should be a lot of fun.... Think "ViewMaster", but with bigger images.... ;)

The 4x5's are best done in a rack. I have done them by hand but you can scratch the emulsion pretty easily. 4 4x5 sheets in the rack. If you need them I still have my notes from class.

Ken

(BS cimema & photo 76')

Y

ahhh..the secret recipes....HC110, Diafine, Acufine, FG7...

feracyanide, and fixer spots on my shirts, shoes, and jeans... :D:D

Do not forget the secret recipe...... AMIDOL!!!!

Edward Weston's secret!!

The 4x5's are best done in a rack. I have done them by hand but you can scratch the emulsion pretty easily. 4 4x5 sheets in the rack. If you need them I still have my notes from class.

Ken

(BS cimema & photo 76')

This is too bad, last year I gave away ALL my 4x5 processing stuff!! Everything!!

back in my film processing days in school (Brooks Institute class of April 1985) we did all LF film in Dip & Dunk tanks!!!

I also did some 4x5 in 5x7 trays, but the risk is high and you DO need a dark room!! But then again you do need a very dark room for Dip & Dunk too.

Y

Actually, I've got extras, and I'm going to probably sell off a few things to help pay for the stuff I don't yet have (scanner of some sort for MF/LF film, spot meter (maybe), better tripod/head, stuff to dip 4x5 and 8x10 B&W, etc). If you guys are interested in knowing what I've got for sale, when/if I get it going, let me know....

I'm broke now, but maybe later!!

Right now the best Scanner for LF is the Imacon/Hasselblad, but they are pricey!!

The best MF Scanner is the Nikon one!!

Y