Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what you mean by "best". I think it is as close as any if that is any help. I live here so I have not checked out the hotels much.....lol

Let me know if you are coming. I'd like to meet ya.

I might have to work and not be able to RO at the match. If that happens I'd be happy to shoot with ya.

Quote: from Singlestack on 6:06 pm on Aug. 5, 2002

I live here so I have not checked out the hotels much.....lol

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeee.      

Clean, close to range, Clean, good area, good price and did I say clean.

I'm bringing the wife so I dont want to stay some where that I will have to shoot my way out of.

That would be great if we could shoot together or link up for supper.  I'm sending in my money next week.

(Edited by Jon Merricks at 9:46 pm on Aug. 5, 2002)

The match hotel will meet your needs. The area is nice so I don't think any hotel in the area would be one that security would be an issue.

My wife will be shooting (and working a stage with me) the match so linking up for dinner with you and yours would be nice. :)

You guys are something else.  Right now, I'm leaning towards shooting limited for a while.  Shot limited at a local match last week and it was kinda fun getting to use a fast holster and firing 20 rounds before having to reload.

I think I got Bill today, though neither one of us shot very well.  Bill had smaller problems on 3 or 4 stages, whereas I totally trashed one but shot the others pretty well.  I think my timing withe gun is still a bit off in moving from the 9 to the 40.  

• 1 month later...

I am not where I should be 11 days before the match.  I have been working and or sick for the past month and have done like no training.  I'm also still trying to get some equipment right and just checked and I'm running low on bullets.  I do have two full days of training planned but may be a little to late.

Hey what does it look like.  Swingers, movers, long shots, any weak hand?  

• 2 weeks later...

It was nice to meet you John.  You and your Wife ran a good stage, as good or better than the others.  Everyone there did a great job.  This was only my 2nd State match but I do think it was ran very well. Sorry if I was'nt as cheerfull as normal as you could see was'nt a very good match for me.  

Thank you for the kind words Jon. Now here are some for you. I don't think you did poorly at all. You shot a "B" class percentage as a "C" shooter in your second state match! Way to go!

It was very nice to meet you as well. Hope to see you again soon.

Thank you Jon.  Sorry to hear about your gun problems.   I went looking for you at one point Sunday without success.   I shot on Friday and only RO'd on Sunday due to my son's doubleheader baseball game on Saturday.  I finished higher than I anticipated based on the way I shot.  I tanked the grenade stage and had mikes on two other stages.  Ten stages can leave a lot of room for error I suppose, and apparently a lot of shooters had problems of one sort or another.  Hope to meet you soon.  Good to see Eric Sites again and congrats to Singlestack for his finish also.