Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hodgdon Bl-c(2)

Adam B

Has anyone used Hodgdon BL-C(2) in a JP 18" 1 in 9 twist CTR-02 with a cooley comp, or similar rifle? How did they like it? Any advantages/disadvantages? I have a chance to buy up a bunch of this stuff for below dealer cost.

TIA

I was always under the impression that BLC-2 was more a 308 powder (WC846 Equiv) while H335 (WC844 equiv) was more for the 223. Either work in either case though, and at below dealer, well you can't go wrong. I recently loaded some WC846 in my 308 and it was a tad blasty, but it does well in my match chambered Mini-14 with a 20" barrel.

Vince

HI,

Had good luck with BLC2 in 223 (AR15, SIG 550, Steyr AUG - all with 20 inch barrels). It runs like water through the powder measure as stated earlier and burns pretty clean. Only downside was that velocities when using 52 to 63 grain bullets stayed on the low side. Using 26.0 BLC2 and a 63 SMP bullet I chrono'ed about 2800 fps roughly from an 20 inch AR15 barrel. I believe the powder will perform better with 69 grain bullets and heavier but haven't tried that myself.

Cheers from Amsterdam,

BolloX

Edited by Bollocks