Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Member From Dfw

imechura

Howdy,

New member from DFW. I live in Carrollton, TX. I registered here because my range membership at TDSA is about to run out and it is too far away for me to practice as much as I would like. Collin County gun range closed, backwoods traps closed. Elm Fork has gone sour. Where can I shoot my AR and pistol?

Where do you train for 3 gun matches? Where are the 3-gun matches? I want to get into competing with my pistol and carbine but don't know where to start, who to ask.

I have shot some steel matches at DPC but I need something more.

Please contact me here or at imechura@gmail.com or at 4693602687 if you can help guide me in the right direction.

In case you are wondering this is a pathetic plea for help. I am at my wits end on where to shoot.

We shoot USPSA and IDPA at Elm Fork several times each month. 3 gun is harder to find in the metroplex area, right now there aren't a lot of options, but we're working on it.

Information about DAPS can be found at http://www.dallaspistol.com/DAPS/

Otherewise, as Airic pointed out, check out the DFW shooters forum for ongoing info.

The parts of the Dallas crowd I've shot with are a total hoot... :D Bring your sense of humor with you, cause you're gonna need it... :lol: :lol:

And, once you get fired up... make sure to make the drive down to Waco every so often, so you can shoot with some of us CenTex types, too ;)

Howdy,

New member from DFW. I live in Carrollton, TX. I registered here because my range membership at TDSA is about to run out and it is too far away for me to practice as much as I would like. Collin County gun range closed, backwoods traps closed. Elm Fork has gone sour. Where can I shoot my AR and pistol?

Where do you train for 3 gun matches? Where are the 3-gun matches? I want to get into competing with my pistol and carbine but don't know where to start, who to ask.

I have shot some steel matches at DPC but I need something more.

Please contact me here or at imechura@gmail.com or at 4693602687 if you can help guide me in the right direction.

In case you are wondering this is a pathetic plea for help. I am at my wits end on where to shoot.

There are often two pistol matches every weekend in the N TX area. We started a 3 gun at Ridge Runners several years ago o the 2nd Saturday and I believe they still shoot it.

DPC is a good club to join but you won't shoot IDPA/IPSC there. I shoot the plates there.

Go to the North Texas webpage and you will find lots of places to shoot. We normally make a day of most trips as they are a ways out.

We shoot 3-gun the third Saturday here in OKC. Tiger Valley in Waco has a few matches. They will be having a Match Feb 17. Try to attend that match if you can. Its a lot of fun. Check the match announcements in the 3-gun forum.

Greenville may be starting a 3 gun match - I've heard rumors. They do have monthly IPSC and IDPA matches. As far as practice goes, DPC is your best option since you're in Carrolton. I live east of you by 20 minutes and it's my best option!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, small world. I live in Carrollton too! Thanks for those links, I just signed up at dfwshooters... its hard to find people around here to shoot with. I've been looking for some better places to shoot than Elm Forks and Bass Pro's indoor range.

I do have a friend who goes to APG a couple of times a month and I've been thinking of joining him. Anyone go up there? Take any of their tactical training courses?

Cheers!

Edited by WesC