Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Speedloader Users.... Which?

Trooper

G'day Folks...

About to start shooting revolver as well as PD.... ( :D ) My 686 should be here next weekend (not this one as I expected :angry: ) and I will have access to a holster (002) and some speedloaders on LOAN...

Just wondering what the Speedloader group uses, and thinks of the available products!!!

I'll be in the USA in March so I can avoid the lack of choice and higher prices here!! :D

P.S. NOONE at my club shoots revolver! My interest came solely from watching the XIV World shoot DVD and seeing some wheelgunners there.... without a mentor this is going to be one STEEP learning curve! :wacko: Having got through the jokes about coming to IPSC from Cowboy Shooting I'll now no doubt wear all the humourous comments about shooting only 6 at a time........

Cool! :P

Edited by Trooper

Trooper, I like the Jet loader. They will cost a dollar or two more but I am able to cut them down more and get a reliable reload from them. later rdd

Speaking of which, whatever happened to the SL Variant? A while back Dillon used to sell them and then the supply suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth. A few years ago I found a few for sale at a gun shop at a ridiculously low price and so I bought them. I much prefer moonclip guns so I admit I haven't really gotten around to trying the Variants. Why aren't they more popular? Aren't they any good?

Some IDPA shooters claim that SSR is morally superior to ESR and even go so far as to say that the 625 is a gamer gun only. I am greatly amused by this because I have been carrying my 4" 625 concealed for quite a few years now. And, funny thing is, these same people who call the 625 a gamer gun use Comp III loaders in the IDPA matches.

Dave Sinko

Speaking of which, whatever happened to the SL Variant? A while back Dillon used to sell them and then the supply suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth. A few years ago I found a few for sale at a gun shop at a ridiculously low price and so I bought them. I much prefer moonclip guns so I admit I haven't really gotten around to trying the Variants. Why aren't they more popular? Aren't they any good?

Dave Sinko

SL Variant speed loaders are made in Germany. No one imports them to the US so they are difficult to get. I bought them from a guy in Las Vegas that was selling them but he sold out what he could and sent the rest back to Germany.

What I like about them is the pitch of the cartridge can be adjusted to your cylinder. Nakes them line up better.

As for ESR vs SSR, that belongs in the IDPA section ;)