Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 4 (Princeton, La.)

Guest nmchenry

Area 4 entry forms are available on the USPSA website, Area 4, matches section.  The match will be June 6-8 at Princeton, Louisana.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nmchenry

The Area 4 Match announcement did not make it into this past Frontsight so I am trying to get the word out to as many as possible so they can get their entry in early. The late fee will be an extra $50 so please try to get your entries in before May 15th. Area 4 will include 12 stages to be held at Princeton, La on June 6,7, and 8 and it will be a point series match. Entry blanks are available at the Area 4 website or you can email me at nmchenry@swbell.net.

Nenette McHenry

Guest nmchenry

For hotel information and a map to the range go to the Area 4 website and look for the info in the matches section.

Nenette McHenry

Guest nmchenry

The logo for the back of the Area 4 Polo shirts is pictured at the Area 4 matches section. Check it out.

nmchenry - i've not had the opportunity of going to an area match before and i'm wondering if everyone shoots a bit each of the three days(june 6, 7, 8), or if it's that the ro's & other match workers shoot on friday the 6th with everyone else sat/sun.

thanks.

Guest nmchenry

Thanks for asking.

The RO's actually shoot on Thursday. Everyone else starts on Friday and end up on Sunday. Unfortunately due to the logistics we can not let people shoot only on two days.

Nenette

Are squad shooting times to be posted prior to the match? Last year we wasted a day of vacation traveling to the match the day before, only to find out that part of us didn't shoot till late afternoon, and the others not that day at all!!!! IMO the three day schedule S****! In addition to Shooting, Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, then finally shooting again. Squads WERE scheduled to shoot the match on Sat and Sun ONLY. Maybe this should go in the things I hate forum!

Scheduling squads in a big match is a no win job.

I think 2 years ago Area 4 tried a 2 day only format, shoot Thurs and Friday or Saturday and Sunday.

Many that chose to shoot the first 2 days then complained that they had to wait so long for results, "with nothing to do." The shooters who shot the last two days finished Sunday afternoon, then had to wait for final scores and prize table, etc. and didn't leave for home until late in the evening. They didn't like that.

And maybe most important, the vendors (who put up a bunch of money for these matches) didn't like it because people shot the first two days and left and those the last 2 days didn't have much time to browse and shop.

Whats a Match Director to do ???

Al