Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uspsa Special Classifier

kmca

I noticed on the Richmond Hotshot's (Richmond,CA) web site, that there is a special classifier on the 28th of this month. I haven't joined USPSA yet. Could someone tell me what's going on? Is it okay for anybody to show up? Can I join USPSA there or do I need to join in advance? How many rounds do I need? Any other information would be appreciated.

TIA,

Keith

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this question.

Edited by kmca

I noticed on the Richmond Hotshot's (Richmond,CA) web site, that there is a special classifier on the 28th of this month. I haven't joined USPSA yet. Could someone tell me what's going on? Is it okay for anybody to show up? Can I join USPSA there or do I need to join in advance? How many rounds do I need? Any other information would be appreciated.

TIA,

Keith

i believe to be classified you need to have a member number so you can be ranked, go online and join before the classifier http://www.uspsa.org/

TIA,

Keith

i believe to be classified you need to have a member number so you can be ranked, go online and join before the classifier http://www.uspsa.org/

If I'm not mistaken you also need to get an USPSA/IPSC introduction at either TASC or Richmond before they will let you shoot any matches there.

Keith,

A special classifier match is just a match where the stages will be mostly or all classifier stages. According to USPSA (go to www.uspsa.org and read about classification administration in the "additional content" section (button on the left of the home page)) a new shooters scores are marked "new" or "pending" and will be entered into the database when that person has a valid membership.

You can join on line from the webpage or you can call them and ask how to get in quickly. Becoming a member should be a snap. I took a look at Richmond's webpage and it looks like they have some sort of new shooter training. You better talk to the club contacts and find out what's up with that.

Not having a classification is not a big deal until you want to compete in a major match where the unclassified shooters may not be let into the prizes. At the club level it just means your score will be compared to the other "U" shooters.

Do what I suggested above and read all you can on the website. Welcome to the family! I think you will find an enjoyable time.

Later,

Chuck

I'm gonna be there.

IIRC, it will be $15 for your first gun and $10 for each additional gun you want to classify with, and you can shoot as many times as you want!

I think there will be 5 classifiers. Sargenv on this forum would be able to tell you more.

Anyway, should be loads of fun!

I'm gonna be there.

IIRC, it will be $15 for your first gun and $10 for each additional gun you want to classify with, and you can shoot as many times as you want!

I think there will be 5 classifiers. Sargenv on this forum would be able to tell you more.

Anyway, should be loads of fun!

Nice, I'll probably try to show up and classify in two division. It's about time :)

Have you shot USPSA before? If not check out these pages.

http://www.richmondhotshots.com/intro_to_ipsc.html

http://www.tasc-ipsc.org/gs.html

If you have shot USPSA before but not with Richmond then you will still need to check out their website for what is required to shoot their matches.

If you have shot with us at TASC but not Richmond, PM me and I will help you out.

In addition go to USPSA and sign up like the other posts have advised. You will need to be a member before the match I am pretty sure.

Hope this helps,

Ira

gose,

Have you heard anything about the class this Saturday? I e-mailed the gentleman listed on the website and haven't heard anything.

Thanks,

Keith

They are very slow at responding to emails, if they respond at all :( If you live close, you could try just showing up and hope for the best.

Okay, I got two replies about the class. It is on for this Saturday, but I'm not quite sure where it's being held. On the Chabot site it says Cleckner Building and Range 5 and $60. On the TASC website it says range 4 and $25???????