Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Man V Man

alellis

Could it be that I have found the million dollar question.

Could I be the one who defeated the collective knowledge of Brian enos,com.

al

Well, you haven't really tried to "defeat the collective knowledge of BEnos" until you ask your question in the "Stage Comments or Questions" forum, or one of the other forums dealing with rules and match design.

Of course, you could be asking for proof of little green men as far as that goes.

I haven't been competing very long myself (only about 10 years) and I haven't played very many of the games (USPSA, ICORE, Steel Challenge, CMP, a little NRA and a little Bianchi Cup) but for the game rules I've been familiar with, all *specific* course designs are set up for individuals with times/scores compared for placement (e.g. classifiers, steel challenge courses)

It may be that you will run into some individuals that have pretty specific Man V Man (or Man on Man) course designs they use as "standards".

Course examples

So you might see Man V Man stages set up with plate racks, poppers, duelling trees & etc. It's more a form of competition than a specific or particular stage layout.

Shootoff clip

Shootoff clip 2

Shootoff clip 3

You'll find any number of courses that are called Man V Man competition, but I doubt you'll find very many folks that will say their design is *THE* official, definitive, recognized, design and everybody else's is wrong.

If you've got 22 poppers and a bay 50 yards wide it will be one thing; if you've got two plate racks and a bay 15 yards wide it will be another. :)

Could it be that I have found the million dollar question.

Could I be the one who defeated the collective knowledge of Brian enos,com.

al

Well, you haven't really tried to "defeat the collective knowledge of BEnos" until you ask your question in the "Stage Comments or Questions" forum, or one of the other forums dealing with rules and match design.

Of course, you could be asking for proof of little green men as far as that goes.

I haven't been competing very long myself (only about 10 years) and I haven't played very many of the games (USPSA, ICORE, Steel Challenge, CMP, a little NRA and a little Bianchi Cup) but for the game rules I've been familiar with, all *specific* course designs are set up for individuals with times/scores compared for placement (e.g. classifiers, steel challenge courses)

It may be that you will run into some individuals that have pretty specific Man V Man (or Man on Man) course designs they use as "standards".

Course examples

So you might see Man V Man stages set up with plate racks, poppers, duelling trees & etc. It's more a form of competition than a specific or particular stage layout.

Shootoff clip

Shootoff clip 2

Shootoff clip 3

You'll find any number of courses that are called Man V Man competition, but I doubt you'll find very many folks that will say their design is *THE* official, definitive, recognized, design and everybody else's is wrong.

If you've got 22 poppers and a bay 50 yards wide it will be one thing; if you've got two plate racks and a bay 15 yards wide it will be another. :)

Course examples

Is that Steel Heaven?

I can say I've shot in a number of shootoffs, witnessed more, and in none of them were setup the same, with the sole exception of the STI-Handgunner Shootoffs in Montrose. Those diagrams are available.

OK guys.

I beg your collective pardons.

Since 99.9% of man v man competitions I have seen were shot using 6 poppers set up in a v formation with another two to be shot (one by each competitor) after the reload. I assumed this was a standard layout.

A couple of time we have used the shooting trees. I am talking about the ones with six circular plates which move from side to side when shot. The amount of crying that went on about how hard they were to hit made me want to use poppers again just to get my ears a rest.

al

OK guys.

I beg your collective pardons.

Since 99.9% of man v man competitions I have seen were shot using 6 poppers set up in a v formation with another two to be shot (one by each competitor) after the reload. I assumed this was a standard layout.

A couple of time we have used the shooting trees. I am talking about the ones with six circular plates which move from side to side when shot. The amount of crying that went on about how hard they were to hit made me want to use poppers again just to get my ears a rest.

al

No need to kowtow, somewhere in the dark recesses of my addled memory is a minimum equipment requirement for club affiliation. 8-10 Poppers may not be far off.

Some of the MoM stages I've seen had 8 or 9 poppers per side, and poppers would be left down based on Class and division criteria to even out the game. So a "D" class limited shooter might only have 4 poppers up against a GM Open shooter facing all 9 to win.

Be creative, use everything you've got and make it fun. That's all that matters anyway. B)