Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S_i & Trojan

blue edge

I have the Edge and the trojan (using the mags with "spacer"...metalform?). N320 powder. AOL 1.160. The only difference was the PF.....Edge give me about 20-25fps extra. No problem feeding for both.

Edited by palcapt

I have the Edge and the trojan (using the mags with "spacer"...metalform?). N320 powder. AOL 1.160. The only difference was the PF.....Edge give me about 20-25fps extra. No problem feeding for both.

You have Trojan mags with a "spacer?" for your .40?? :huh:

I would like to know how much 320 are you using in that load. I'm new to the 40 and am expirementig with different loads. Thanks, Dave

My Edge with STI barrel at 1.18 OAL, 180 JHP Hornady uses 4.6 grs N320 to make major.

My Eagle with Schuemann barrel at 1.18 OAL, 180 JHP Hornady uses 4.8 grs N320 to make major.

However, your results may vary.

I've got a .40 Trojan and use Chip McCormick 10mm magazines. Since these hold nine rounds, I can load 'em up with eight rounds to be legal for SS and they seat very easily in my gun. The gun feeds my Limited load with no problems--200 grain Cheycast bullet and 5.4 grains of Longshot.

Actually, I have no problems with most lengths/loads and the 10mm magazines. I have found that Armscorp 180 grain factory short ammo will bump the slide stop but their long ammo runs perfectly. Other loads I've used with no problem are WOLF, Speer Gold Dot 165 JHP's and Rainier 180 grain plated bullets loaded to 1.13".

You have Trojan mags with a "spacer?" for your .40?? :huh:

Yap. came with the gun (bought the gun 2001). I wll try to get pix for you.