Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loaded My First Rounds Last Night..question

Rik

Read too many od Joe D's mouse fart posts on here and had to try them. :P

9mm, 147 gr. hp, 1.135 oal on a SDB. After I seat the bullet, the bullet profile is very pronounced through the case. Almost like the case is sized too small. This is before I crimp. I compared the cartridge to an Atlanta Arms reload and the bullet outline is not noticable in theirs. Is this a problem and any suggestions to correct it. Only loaded 10 rounds.

Thanks,

Rik

coke bottle look should be no problem. as long as it goes in and out smoothly in your case gauge or your barrel it should be good to go.

one of the more knowledgeable members here can give you an exact why it does that.

Edited by yoshidaex

It's my understanding that 9mm's have a tapered case. What you're seeing is what you should be seeing.

As to why you don't notice the coke bottle on the Atlanta Arms... I couldn't really say.

The "coke bottle" look is a good one, on bottles of coke, 9mm rounds, and women.

What it means in your 9 is that the case was sized down below the bullet diameter, lower than the bullet base. This gives you a good neck tension, and makes the powder burn more consistently.

You taper crimp only enough to get the edge of the case out of the way of feeding surfaces, and no more. If it feeds reliably, and chambers fully even when the chamber is caked with crud, your taper crimp is fine.

What the look means on women is not a subject for the reloading forum.