Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Usa

aerosigns

I emailed Shooting USA / Jim Scoutten about the 2006 Nationals and when their coverage would air.

Mr. Scoutten was very kind to email me back immediately with the following message. I thought you guys might be interested as well.

We're still airing shows in catch-up mode caused by the delay in moving the series to the Outdoor Channel. The 2006 version hasn't aired yet. It will be in the store, listed for DVD sales, when it does come to air early in 2007. I think this is the year we get caught up on USPSA broadcasts.

By the way, airtimes change in 2007 to three plays on Wednesdays – afternoon and evenings. - Jim Scoutten

Well this is what I found at http://www.outdoorchannel.com

Wed Jan. 03, 2007 5:00 PM Julie Goloski - M&P

We start wit the first Shooting USA profile of a female pro shooter, Julie Goloski, the one who just might beat all the guys. Then it's the inside story of the new handgun she's shooting in competition, the M&P. Plus, Todd Jarrett shows you how to shoot moving targets. And Bob Munden's got targets in the air in his Impossible Shoot. :)

I didn't think Shooting USA was at the 2006 lim/lim-10/rev nationals. I didn't see any cameras and was told that Jim Scoutten and company weren't gonna be there.

I beleive they were at Tulsa for Open/prod nationals, though.

I thought I saw some guys with Shooting USA Nametags up on top of the hill the second or third day.

You just don't remember because you weren't featured like last year, with the camera at low right (making you look taller).

New Year Brings New Schedule for Shooting USA

Television Show Anchors “Shooting Sports Wednesdays” on The Outdoor Channel

Shooting USA Airtimes:

Eastern Time - 5:00 PM, 9:00 PM and 1:30 AM

Central Time - 4:00 PM, 8:00 PM and 12:30 AM

Mountain Time - 3:00 PM, 7:00 PM and 11:30 PM

Pacific Time - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, and 10:30 PM

(Some West Coast cable systems air the shows on the Eastern Time Schedule)

In addition to three airings of Shooting USA on Wednesdays, The Outdoor Channel is also programming Cowboys, American Rifleman TV, Guns and Ammo TV, Shooting Gallery and Personal Defense TV to entertain and inform Firearms Enthusiasts with a three hour, non-stop, block of Guns and Shooting Sports.

:D Yipppeeee!!!!! All night guns on Prime Time.

Mike Your definitely going to have to drop a dime and get DirecTV. Maybe you could get a part time job at a gun store to pay for it.

You mean I won't be able to pick up this show on the "rabbit ears" antenna sitting on top of the set??

Don't feel bad Mike, my wife subscribed to it for me for Christmas and it doesn't come in worth a damn. I get so tired of trying to read Scouten's lips :o They sell the episodes at $10 each, maybe we should start a lending library of Shooting USA and Shooting Gallery episodes ;)

Gary

I watched the show Wednesday. Showed Julie breaking down a stage at the 06 Production Nationals at USSA. She then proceeded to shoot the stage just like she broke it down. Truly eye opening stuff. Can’t wait for the next show.

MDA

Gary,

If your serious, how are you getting the show?

Totally serious and pissed off about it. It is through my cable company. I have spoken to Jim Scouten and Mike Bane about it via e mail and they advise that they have had problems with Comcast.

Trying to get them to terminate the channel is a tougher thing than having them turn it on. If I could get DSL service for the computer, I would have Direct TV in a heart beat and could save money.

Regards,