Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Do You Install Fiber Optic Rod?

BrianC

I just received a set of Sevigny/Warren fiber optic front sights. One is for my G34, and one for my wife's G34. The problem is that the sights only come with general instructions and do not specifically state how to install and secure the actual fiber optic rod in the front sight.

The front sight (see attached pics) comes with a red and a green rod which can be cut to length. However, the rod slides very easily into the sight and would fall out if I tilt the sight down.

Is there a standard or typical method of securing fiber optic rods? Thanks for your help.

Brian

P.S. I attached two pics to this post but apparently it didn't work or something. I guess my next post will ask "how do you attach pics".

Edited by BrianC

Pharaoh,

I have purchased from Fiber Optic Products as I have mentioned in other posts.

Got what I expected. 3' lengths of each color mailed in a padded envelope.

At first I thought what would I ever do with 3', but I have been experimenting with different colors in different light. You run through it pretty quick then.

My SDM sight only has a hole on the shooter side. What I found to be a pretty tight mount, is to cut the rod just slightly less than the total length of the steel. Inserted the rod, and then flame kissed the end. The rod melted and flaired to a tight fit.

Really like the light violet. You see it's there without being drawn to stare at it, like a moth to a flame. :blink: