Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

any thoughts on Briley open guns...

paranoid

Can't address the linkless barrel system other than I've heard good things from those shooting 'em... but I do have first hand expereince with their pistol craft, they are world class and highly recommended!

I have heard lots of good things from those that shoot and have shot the Briley guns.  I did hear a rumer (and I stress that's all it is) that they are not doing the linkless barrels in .38 Super and .40 S&W anymore.  Supposedly they have had some troubles with cracked frames.  This could be verified by a quick call to Briley of course.  

Well, Brownells has the Briley linkless barrels on 'Special', and I haven't heard much great press one way or the other, so I'm expecting they're getting passed over in favor of more gunsmith-familiar components.

That said, I do own one of Briley's open guns (in fact their catalog "El Presidente" cover gun one year-- #001), though I've since converted it from 9x25 to .38 Super. Most excellent piece of work.

No never bought one after hearing bad press about them. Trying to redesign a great system is well???. Even John Browning tried Oh wait thats the linkless. Works great for pistols that don't shoot major and don't need to last. Does anybody good shoot one? The guy making it would probably disagree but I would recommend Briley for parts and smith

Nothing wrong with a bushing. Bulls and cones are for comps or extra weight. Possibly more reliable but I don't think so.

(Edited by BSeevers at 1:35 am on June 15, 2002)