Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New C-More

wmiller45

I recently acquired a SV with a C-More scope on it and don't know a thing about it. (I quit shooting 10 years ago)

Anyway, what is the 'average' battery life in one of these? I have been told that there are different dot modules available? Are these different dot sizes? What should I use to clean the lens?

Anything else I should know/do to this thing? Thanks.

Walmart sells boxes of little "handi-wipe" eye glass cleaners.  They seem to work pretty well on the shooting glasses and on the C-more.  Leupold makes a Lens Pen that works good if the C-more isn't too gunked up from powder blast.  Midway sells them.

The battery will last about three-quarters of the way through the "best match you ever shot".  ;)

There are different dot modules for different sized dots.

C-More batteries DO NOT last from one match to the next if you don't turn it off between them. I know this to be a fact and have successfully demonstrated it on several occasions.

I finally got in the habit of turning my C-More off right before I holster at the end of the stage.

The battery is the biggest drawback of the C-More mostly because they are fairly expensive and not readily available (like at the local convenience store when you get to the match with a dead battery).

The lens coating is very hard and can be cleaned dry without fear of scratching but I do keep a little bottle of lens cleaner and a piece of old tee shirt in my range bag. Usually I can adequately clean it during the match just by wiping it off.

Flex, those handi wipe things are a good idea. I'm going to get some.

C-More does make different size dot modules and also sell a "click" brightness adjustment version as well as the continuous brightness version.

Thanks for the help guys.

kbear: I learned a long time ago to turn my dot off when reholstering; only after leaving my then new PDP4 on at a match though.

The handi-wipes are a great idea, thanks flex. I'll get some.

I have no idea what dot size I have, but it's not that big, so it must be 4-5 moa? Dunno. My scope has a click position for off only, and I got one of those knob covers from Dawson Precision that has a little tab on it. Now I can see when the scope is turned off! I can get batteries down the street at Osco Drugs. Wallgreens didn't have them. I bought two and threw them in the bag. Any way to tell when they are going bad? Other than when the dot dissappears?

You know how you get that cloud effect in your lens after awhile?  Well the best way to clean it off is by using some Hoppe's #9, wipe it on and let it set for about 10 minutes.  Then wipe clean and use a lens cleaner to finish the cleaning.  When I did my lense it looked brand new again.  This process comes from C-More themselves...it works.