Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

126mm Svi 9mm Mags

rgkeller

126 mm mags - in my full size gun - required trimming on the thin factory basepads to fit into the SVI small magwell. The mags are very close to being the same length as the grip. I think that any aftermarket increased capacity mag bases will interfere with whatever magwell you have on the gun. In short I would try to borrow one of whatever you want to use and see if it fits before buying any....I don't think it will work.

I have a pair of 126 mm 40 mags (SV) with 11mm Grams pads on them that hold 20 rds. But, as Merlin said, you have to be sure they clear your magwell. I happen to also use his magazine well (both 6oz and 9oz Tg) and there are no issues at all.

I tried putting a dawson +2 pad on one of my 126mm STI .40 mags and it would not fit in the grip and latch into place. In fact, it will not fit in the gun with no magwell attached. The basepad simply comes up too high on the tube for it to insert fully in the grip.

Will the grams 11mm pads work with a 126mm STI tube and a Dawson ICE magwell? If so, are you getting a reloadable 20 rounds or 19+1?

Edited by Bird_Dog0347

I had Dawson +2 pads on a 126mm SV tubes and was getting it to about full 140mm length with that, they held 21 or 22 rounds of 9mm, and fit both my SV, and Dawson Ice, magwells just fine. But each gun, strangely enough, is different, depending on mag catch, how old the frame is, etc.

If you do have clearance issues, another pad to try out that fits lower on the mag and usually fixes most clearance problems is the Arredondo extended base pad. You might have to knock off the edges of the pad with a file to get full clearance, but they work well.

Sometimes, 124mm mags get mixed in with 126mm mags, and those will hardly work with any pas out there, only the stock flat pad usually.

Edited by sfinney

Sometimes, 124mm mags get mixed in with 126mm mags, and those will hardly work with any pas out there, only the stock flat pad usually.

I think sometimes the early 140mm mags get confused with the 126mm mags.....A +2 Dawson will not fit my gun with either the stock STI or SVI magwell. :huh:

I think sometimes the early 140mm mags get confused with the 126mm mags.....A +2 Dawson will not fit my gun with either the stock STI or SVI magwell. :huh:

Well, all my mags were ordered within the last 4 months brand new, and they were all labeled either 140mm or 126mm in the STI packaging.

Sometimes, 124mm mags get mixed in with 126mm mags, and those will hardly work with any pads out there, only the stock flat pad usually.

Could be.