Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load Suggestions Wst + Precision Bullets 40 & 9

Gdaym8

I just received my first batch of Precision Bullets (40/185gr) and I am eager to get to the press. I am loading for my STI Edge and looking for ~170pf. Any suggestions on OAL?

Same question for Glock 17 using Precision Bullets (9mm/124gr). With 9mm, I am looking for something that will be light, yet remain competetive at GSSF.

I run a Glock in Limited, so my load is not as long. I use 4.1 gr of WST, Federal small pistol primer @ 1.135. It make power factor out of a Glock 24(6" barrel). I like titegroup, but it smokes to much for me with Precision bullets, which sucks because I have about 2lbs of it left, and all I shoot is Presicion bullets now. WST has a lot less smoke, and a very mild recoil.

• 2 weeks later...

I made up a batch at different grain wieghts and was pleasantly surprised. Shooting the same cases, and primers there was a 80-100fps increase using the precision coated lead 185gr. bullets versas the Rainier 180gr. plated stuff.

My lightest load, WST with the lead bullet, at 4.3gr gave me a ~169 power factor. Where as with the Rainier 180's I needed 4.9gr. for the same power factor.

I was very impressed with the coated lead. Very simple to clean. I let it sit for about 45 minutes, and the lead wiped off with a patch.

• 2 weeks later...

Did David Long give you a recomendation? He told me to use 4.2 grains of N320 with the 185s several times. I load to 1.160" and use Win primers. I've uses his bullets since before he bought the company and OBTW they are much better now than the previous owner made them...

Mick

A27257