Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mec Gar Magazines

kmca

I was wondering if anyone knew if an extended basepad (Dawson, Grams or any others) will fit on these magazines. They're going into a Para P-14 with an S & A magwell. Also, how is the quality of the springs?

I'm trying to get a replacement for my 140 mm STI magazine. STI doesn't make the Para tubes any more and Para won't ship me a replacement tube.

OK you live in CA.

You want a 140mm magazine.

Is that not against the law there in some way? What are you trying to do? Get a replacement "preban" tube?

It's not against the law to repair a magazine. In other words, if you have 10 magazines, you can have all the replacement parts you want as long as you don't end up with more than 10 magazines.

Yup, that's what I'm trying to do...replace a broken magazine tube.

Word-smith it how you want, but just be careful what's posted here.

Rich

What are you talking about? I am not sure how you guys "word-smith" I am SURE EVERYONE here understands that breaking the law is bad right?? If they don't then they are stupid.

Lowest common denominator bud. Not insulting anyone, just factoring for it. After all, they do put warning labels on baby strollers directing folks to remove the child from the stroller, before folding for a reason.

Rich

Lowest common denominator bud. Not insulting anyone, just factoring for it. After all, they do put warning labels on baby strollers directing folks to remove the child from the stroller, before folding for a reason.

Rich

Very true. Very True.

What do you think KMCA?? Is what you want to do legal?

I was wondering if anyone knew if an extended basepad (Dawson, Grams or any others) will fit on these magazines. They're going into a Para P-14 with an S & A magwell. Also, how is the quality of the springs?

I have MecGar Mags for my p14. They are of the 10 round variety. If you are asking if you can attach the Dawson/Grams stuff to these magazines, the answer is no. The MecGar 10 round magazines are setup like the factory Para mags with the thick plastic bottoms. If you are referring to the 14 round magazines that MecGar sells, then I don't know. I hope this answers your question.

Joe

This is an old trick, and it's quazi-legal. Buy a crappy 10-round mag (see Mec-Gar, Ram-Line, etc.). Replace it's spring, follower and base pad. Oops, I dented the tube. Need a new tube.

Voila.

Again, it's not illegal, by the letter, but it's a fight I want to be a part of.

Rich