Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rule Question

1911vm

Where has all the common sense gone? All this sport needs are more Range Nazis. SOs that are that picky need to get a life. 80% of the folks I know that shoot IDPA use a "competition only gun". IDPA is just a game. Repeat, just a game not training.

If I see someone like your large friend making a good effort to use cover but is challenged by his body type then he will never get a call from me.

I could care less if someone puts tape on his glasses. If that allows him to out shoot me then I just need to practice harder. Tape on the glasses can be a hindrance also. Cuts down on your field of vision.

SOs that make calls like that are usually a little short between the ears and other places. ;)

If an SO who enforces the rules is a range nazi, then what is an SO who doesn't, Mister Rogers with a timer?

You can't have it both ways, or else somebody will start whining about rules being enforced in an inconsistent manner.......again.

If MD's want to grant special dispensations at club matches, I say go for it. At state level and up they need to enforce the rules, all of them, whether they agree with them or not.

If you think that they are too strict, petition Bwana Wilson to change them.

Show me in the rule book where you can't put tape on your glasses.

The shooter did nothing wrong.

PAT

so..if it's raining while shooting....is a shooter allowed to wipe off his glasses.or does he have to leave the water on them to stimulate :P ,real world encounters...same as the tape..let them use it..i've got my bi focals set to my dominate eye .00223343455 cm higher so that i can see the sights clearer.[most of the time i dont see them at all]..is that right ?? :lol:

:ph34r: First I do not want to take any thing away from the match. It was grate. They put on one challenging match and I enjoined a lot. I also did not mean to start an IDPA bashing discussion. It is still the closest thing we have to life training (not counting private schools). And I enjoy avry match I shot.

But at the same time we need to keep things in prospective it is just a game so Craig I will do as you have suggested ( IE the pirate outfit) but please make ALL stages 9 rounds or less I just cannot reload with a hook.. :ph34r:

:ph34r: First I do not want to take any thing away from the match. It was grate. They put on one challenging match and I enjoined a lot. I also did not mean to start an IDPA bashing discussion. It is still the closest thing we have to life training (not counting private schools). And I enjoy avry match I shot.

But at the same time we need to keep things in prospective it is just a game so Craig I will do as you have suggested ( IE the pirate outfit) but please make ALL stages 9 rounds or less I just cannot reload with a hook.. :ph34r:

No sweat my friend.

How's this: I'll make them 6 rd stages - you miss about 30% of the time anyway - with or without the tape.

Craig