Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trojan Grips

Donho

I've got a set of VZ grips, a set of Alumagrips, and several good wood grips, as well as rubber. VZs are good but I like wood significantly better. I've had constant headaches with the Alumgrips continually coming loose after just a few rounds, even when using purple Loktite, and teflon tape. I finally seem to have resolved it by backing the entire grip with electrical tape. I normally wouldn't like the feel of aluminum grips, but I've covered mine with TRUGRIP grip decal things, and the grip/feel is really great. Even so, I don't recommend them because the rewards (the extrat grippines) is not so much better than good wood that it justifies the extra hassles with the loosening aluminum and extra work in adding and maintaning the grip tape.

I recommend good double diamond wood grips like those in cocobolo from Esmeralda or Ahrends. The grip is right, feels good to the touch, no loosening problems because wood gives.

Edited by Eager

I like the G-10 grips that SA is now putting on their TRP's. I bought a pair for my Trojan, installed regular sized bushings and a new set of grips screws. I coulcn't get used to the thin grips.

I paid about 69$ on brownells. They are a composite grip with a good stippled typed texture.