Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Summer Blast

Stages are now posted on our web page at www.lchico.5u.com. Once there click on the Summer Blast on the left hand side.

All information about the match can be found here as well.

Looking forward to seeing you at the match.

Larry

Larry:

You have outdone yourself AGAIN with these fine stages!! Looking forward to the match. Any word on the match T Shirt. As I recall it was going to commemorate a memorable event on the chicken stage from last year?!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Saturday (AM & PM) slots are FULL for the 2007 Summer Blast. There are only a handful of Sunday slots left. The only time slots with plenty of openings are Friday AM & PM.

On the application it says "Applications do not have to arrive together to squad together." I guess some shooters did not notice that line. Earlier this week, I got an entire squad in one envelope, that arrived too late to put them into Saturday shooting. The first check in this group was dated early February. With the exception of the last check, all were dated on time to have been included in the match.

If these shooters had sent their applications in individually, all but one would be in the match. The one shooter on the waiting list would have stood a good chance of getting into the match and shooting with his friends. Now they all get to decide if they want to join the waiting list, or have me return their money.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Summer Blast Statistician

All SUNDAY slots are FULL. As noted earlier, all Saturday (AM & PM) slots are FULL for the 2007 Summer Blast also. The only time slots left are in Friday AM or PM.

I will have a waiting list for every time slot. You are welcome to put your name on more that one list, but please be aware that I WILL NOT save slots or place shooters on the waiting list based on an email message or phone call. Once I have an application & check, you go on the waiting list based on postmark date & time. I will hold the check: I will not send it to the bank until I am able to confirm you into the match.

Based on previous experience, I will not put more people on a waiting list than I think I can get into the match. Last year, all 24 shooters on waiting lists got into the match.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Russell, would that be AM or PM? <_<

I forgot to ask the very same question.

That would be Friday PM :)

-- but only room for 3 more on Russell's squad

Linda Chico (L-2035)

• 4 weeks later...

ROFLOL!!! great shirt design. I know most people will not get it since they have not heard the story that goes behind the design.

Outstanding stage design and setup at the Targeting ED matches. To bad I could only shoot the charity match and only got to see a glimpse of the other international stages, but saw some fanstic shooting on the stages I worked. KC's, Chris's and Max's run on stage 13 were unreal.

looking forward to shooting summer blast

MDA

Good thing I'm not trying to make cakes of these stages!!!!

What are you saying, the stages are too difficult?

No I am sure they will be fun stages to shoot. I am just saying they wouldn't be so fun to make in icing!

As soon as Jim gets me the pics of the other cakes I will send them to you. I hope to see him this weekend.

Edited by glockaholic

• 3 weeks later...

Slots are still available in limited quantities for Friday. Please contact Linda for availability. She can be reached at lchico@msn.com PLEASE do not contact me, this is Linda's area and she has the control, she likes chocolate and designer coffee. :)

Shirts are avaiable by contacting Joe at TechWear USA. $49.95 and the logo looks great on their new grey shirt. Trust me when I say people loved it. You can reach Joe at joe@techwearusa.com

You will see an extensive amount of berm work completed at York IWL. Gravel is on the bays floors on every bay with the exception on Bay 2 that is all grass.

Looking forward to great weather and some really cool stages.

Larry

Matt,

It was great to see you and Rhianna at the York match. How awesome was that, an stage club match? So, what do you think, can you make it to the Summer Blast and shoot with us on Friday?

Matt,

It was great to see you and Rhianna at the York match. How awesome was that, an stage club match? So, what do you think, can you make it to the Summer Blast and shoot with us on Friday?

It was good seeing you to brother! I guess if you're going to twist my arm then I'll sign us up! I usually can't shoot on weekdays, but I'll get off work one way or another. I"ll have to find some "designer" coffee and see if we can get on your squad.

The 8 stage match was awesome, and the range improvments look great! It was good to see everyone again as well.

Matt

PS> Larry, I'll have to sharpie my name on a shirt for the SB, anything you can do about that?! :ph34r::P:cheers:

Matt,

It was good seeing you to brother! I guess if you're going to twist my arm then I'll sign us up! I usually can't shoot on weekdays, but I'll get off work one way or another. I"ll have to find some "designer" coffee and see if we can get on your squad.

The 8 stage match was awesome, and the range improvments look great! It was good to see everyone again as well.

Matt

PS> Larry, I'll have to sharpie my name on a shirt for the SB, anything you can do about that?! :ph34r::P:cheers:

Send in the applications!

As for the squadding, I can't do a 10 person squad, but about 2 weeks before the match I'll send all the shooters involved the entire list that wants to shoot together, and let you divide yourselves up into 2 squads. I'll put the two groups in neighboring bays so you'll all still be close (plenty of time for talking trash).

The 'designer' coffee thing is really about match directors -- when they screw up something or create unnecessary work for me, I usually demand coffee & chocolates. Larry & I have worked on Summer Blast together for 7 years now & we pretty much have the bugs worked out. However, this was the first year I worked with Jeff LaFave (Targeting Education) & he had to invest in some coffee & chocolates :rolleyes: . Larry loves it when someone else is in trouble.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update......I believe our registration numbers are up to 325 with a waiting list on Saturday and Sunday. I believe we still have some slots open for Friday, Linda please confirm this.

There will be several vendors at the match as well. There will be thre or four selling various shooting supplies such as powder and primers, three gun gear and misc shooting equipment. I do not believe anyone will be carrying bullets.

Make sure you get your shirt orders in to Joe for pick up at the match. The shirt looks best on their new shirt...ask Joe for deatails.

Stay tuned for more to come.

Larry

Just an update......I believe our registration numbers are up to 325 with a waiting list on Saturday and Sunday. I believe we still have some slots open for Friday, Linda please confirm this.

There will be several vendors at the match as well. There will be thre or four selling various shooting supplies such as powder and primers, three gun gear and misc shooting equipment. I do not believe anyone will be carrying bullets.

Make sure you get your shirt orders in to Joe for pick up at the match. The shirt looks best on their new shirt...ask Joe for deatails.

Stay tuned for more to come.

Larry

Do you have a list of vendors that will be there?

I know of two that have confirmed:

HSSH Swartout - bullets, primers and powder contact Henry to peorder 910-551-4514

Red Dot Shooting - contact them at www.reddotshooting.com 321-206-6710

I have to research who my three gun vendor is, I can't find the dang email. I have it at home and will post it this weekend.

Larry

Edited by sbmd

I know of two that have confirmed:

HSSH Swartout - bullets, primers and powder contact Henry to peorder 910-551-4514

Red Dot Shooting - contact them at www.reddotshooting.com 321-206-6710

I have to research who my three gun vendor is, I can't find the dang email. I have it at home and will post it this weekend.

Larry

Thanks

Ok just confirmed that another vendor will be displaying at the Summer Blast

skdtac.com is a three gun gear and shooting accessories provider. You can reach them at www.skdtac.com

Remember you can preorder and save shipping costs.

That brings the number of vendors at the Summer Blast to three.

Larry