Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver Coverage In Front Sight!

Hog Sniper

gee I thought I read everything that Mas Ayoob has written. Wedge grip????

Yep!

I don't think my old shooting buddy Mas will mind me scanning in a couple pages from his great book "Stressfire" in order to explain what I'm talking about here:

It's a great technique. Sam and I both use it regularly.

Never read the book but that's the same grip I use :)

So much so that I've developed a callus on my index finger :blink:

I might see Mas this weekend Mike, heading up to Dunbarton for a steel shoot.

I'll say hi for ya.

I might see Mas this weekend Mike, heading up to Dunbarton for a steel shoot.

I'll say hi for ya.

Hey Dave, didn't I hear that he moved down to Florida???? I email him once in awhile, almost hired him to help with a civil case where we needed some expert help (but the case settled too fast).

Anyway, if you see him, be sure to tell him hello from Carmoney! Man, I still remember all the fun we used to have at those pin and steel shoots around NH and MA....Mas used to shoot plates with his fixed-sighted 4" M13 duty revolver sometimes, and he was damn good with it. I remember he had a special trick snubby made from a M13 by some GA gunsmith named Travis Strahan, and that was Mas' back-up gun in the "New York Reload" matches we used to shoot on that indoor range at Hudson. After I moved out here, I would still stay with the NH/MA crowd at the Central Lake Cabanas at the Second Chance match every June. Those were good times! I can still picture Mas walking around outside with a Rolling Rock in one hand and a cigarette in the other, wearing nothing but a pair of running shorts and a nickel Bodyguard Airweight in an ankle holster. That was his idea of "condition white." :lol:

:o You even use that grip on your Dremel!

I've been practicing the "Dremel Standards" quite a bit recently. The weak-hand-only stuff is still kicking my ass. ;)

Hey Dave, didn't I hear that he moved down to Florida???? I email him once in awhile, almost hired him to help with a civil case where we needed some expert help (but the case settled too fast).

He was down our way a couple months ago, didn't mention he was moving ??

Still smoking though, didn't notice the J frame ;)

I remember he had a special trick snubby made from a M13 by some GA gunsmith named Travis Strahan...
Mike - IIRC, that was a 2" M10 that Strahan re-chambered to .357. I remember reading the writeup on it. Ayoob used 125 grain Federal .357s in it.

I have no idea why that stuck in my brain.

Yes, Chuck, I think that's exactly right. It was a weird little thing, Strahan re-contoured the grip frame to basically J-frame dimensions. With nice soft .38 Spl. plate loads, the Strahan gun was considerably easier to shoot accurately than the 5-shot snubs the rest of us were using! (Good sights, great K-frame action, and of course the extra round.) Y'see, Ayoob may be the "ultimate martial artist," but he's also a bit of a gamer just like the rest of us! :)

He's been shooting the Il State and Midwest Fall Regional matches at Havana the last couple years. I think they probably coincide with classes he teaches at Midwest Training Group in Bloomington.

Jerry