Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bianchi Cup Targets?

Bill T

I have a question. Why on the cardboard "Tombstone" Bianchi Cup targets are the "10" and "X" ring not highlited? I've never seen one up close but when they show the match on TV it looks as if they have small needle punch marks to distinguish the "10" and "X" ring. Why don't they have it highlited in black like on most all other targets??? Bill T.

I'm paraphrasing a lot of folks who have been involved for much, much, MUCH longer than me, but...

...the original intent was to never see the rings. The intent was for the shooter to find the the center of the target and to be rewarded (or penalized, depending on how you look at it) for finding the center (or not.)

We did shoot at targets with black rings at Bianchi this year on one of the side events.

IPSC and IDPA targets are somewhat similar, in this regard. You're supposed to know where the scoring area is on the target... As I recal, the perfs on the NRA targets are a little harder to see, though...??? Been a while since I've shot at them...