Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Building A New Rifle

Guy Neill

I just built an upper for my already nice lower. I used a DPMS LoPro receiver (word of caution...receiver is extra thick and normal FF wrench and fixtures don't work all too well) it has no forward assist and no door. I threw in a lo mass JP carrier and buffer system. I used a Briley FF carbon fiber (probably should have gotten the JP one). I did buy the JP 18" barrel and comp. Sexy and simple...the barrel is way better than me! Of course there is another thought...I seem to get beat by guys using stock rifles from bushmaster, dpms...etc. I guess it's the indian not the arrow. Practice might help...but my rifle is the last one I will ever have to build.

JP LMOS, barrel, comp and self stated, should have gone with tube. Mental note, just buy a JP-15 upper. I'm kidding. Sounds sweet and FWIW, a similar plan to my next build.

Rich

Yea yea....I know....I just think the lopro upper was cool. And I like to see if I can build things....expensive learning. I was doin the oh sh*t when the upper felt like it was not going to fit my Wilson lower....DPMS LoPro must be oversized and/or wilson too. The thing is so tight you might think it was one solid part if it were not diff colors!