Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is This "limited" Legal?

Flatland Shooter

Was looking at an STI ad in Front Sight for some of their Limited guns. The one that caught my eye is the "Trusight". For those unfamiliar with the Trusight, the front sight is mounted on what I can only describe as an unported compensator. The ad says its a one piece barrel with an expansion chamber.

Now for the question. I was rummaging through the gun safe and came across and old Para Open gun from the 80's. Its a tack driver with Bomar rear sight and the old Wilson LE single port comp. No cone, still used a barrel bushing. Pretty much useless as is.

On the LE comp, the single port is located forward of the front sight. Would it be a "Limited" legal gun if I removed the port leaving about 3/4" of the original comp with the front sight on it. When done, it will look very close to the STI Trusight, but is obviously not a factory offering.

Next option would be mounting a front sight on the side and either cut and crown the barrel and replace it. But dang, I hope the first idea will work. Just sounds like a neat project.

Bill

I don't think the Trusight has a bushing, so it would not be a close copy.

With that comp, it is not a .40, don't put much into making it a limited gun.

I'd enjoy it as is, sell it, or rebuild it from the ground up. :mellow:

Nope, not legal. Production numbers are not up there for it. only 40 is legal for that also (same thing with sight trackers, only 40 and only 5")

I have issues with the trusight using the back bore in that because that really is an effective "comp" as there is no rifling in there. and they are quite effective. Until people start winning everything with them it will be a mute point.