Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Related Shopping

A co-worker of mine is planning a trip to NewYork (Manhattan) and a visit to Boston.

I was thinking that he might pick up some clips for my 625 and a couple of clip holders, but since he's not a shooter, I can't trust him to find the right places to shop from during his 14 day visit to the States.

Anyone know an easy to find gun store in these places that carries a some competition (USPSA) gear?

I suppose these items are legal to buy for tourists? If not, I won't truble him at all with my wish-list :D

Finding shops in those 2 locations that will have the gear your looking for could be tough.

What about finding what you want off the internet and having it shipped to your friends

hotel, then he could bring it back with him :huh:

You can get 45 ACP clips from Ranch Products, 100 for $28, don't think you'll find that price in a

gun shop in NY or Boston.

And I'm with Titeloop, I live here and don't want to be here :lol:

Check out www.fsguns.com which is a bit north of Boston and open on Saturdays. They don't carry IPSC gear, but a small shop with an incredible density of stuff. Persons buying guns generally have to wait in line to fill out the 4473. If you visit, say hello to Holly whose generally in the back room but will come out if you call her.

Hi all and thanks for the info and cheerful reply's ;)

I would love to do business with Ranch Products, but I can't solve the payment in a smart way, since they don't accept credit cards.

AzShooter on this forum has already offered to ship clips to me, but I haven't solved the money transfer.

I have been out of the circuit this year, not shooting any matches apart for some classifiermatches at club level, so my motivation to solve this has been low.

But now when the season is almost over it's time to plan for next year and I really intend to shoot more and have to get me some gear that works without spending too much, hence the urge to shop in the States.

As 10mmdave indicated, finding what your looking for at a local shop in the Boston area is near impossible. Most shooters from the Boston area do mail order.

How about placing an order from some of the mail order companies - Brownells, Shooters Connections, etc and having them ship directly to your friends hotel?

Just a thought... Good Luck.

paul

As 10mmdave indicated, finding what your looking for at a local shop in the Boston area is near impossible. Most shooters from the Boston area do mail order.

How about placing an order from some of the mail order companies - Brownells, Shooters Connections, etc and having them ship directly to your friends hotel?

Just a thought... Good Luck.

paul

Hey !!!! didn't I say that ????? ....... youse guys never listen to me :angry:

Seeya Sunday Paul :)

Hey !!!! didn't I say that ????? ....... youse guys never listen to me :angry:

Seeya Sunday Paul :)

Dave,

LOL ... I read your post... I guess I don't read what you writing or hear what your saying - (did you say something..?). :P