Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ipsc Usa Nationals

Chuck D

AikiDale looks to have answered Chuck's question pretty well.

IPSC Regions aren't required to host a "Nationals", just a "competitive programme under IPSC Rules sufficient to designate in each year a Champion". (And technically, IPSC grants USPSA a waiver to run our slightly different rules...so USPSA should still be OK there, by the book.)

Neil...British shotgun is miles ahead of anybody else in the world. I don't know what all it is you do, but I do know that you guys are so much further down the path than anybody else that you have already addressed issues that many of haven't even seen.

...at least we are still sending lead downrange...
This in turn provides a background for 3 gun tournaments although not in a format that either IPSC or the USPSA would (could) recognise and sanction.

These two quotes further go to show my point that shooters can do just fine and dandy away from IPSC, USPSA, IDPA, etc...

Alex:

Dilution? I'm still backing the BrucePlan™ for USPSA:

Step back and take a good look at that for a minute. Tell me what is really all that much different. There are still the same number of divisions, we just massaged the wording a bit.

I know Bruce's plan goes a bit deeper, but the reality of it...in my opinion...is that we just would be shuffling things around.

If we are going for change in an area like this ...then change needs to bring with it a substantial improvement.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These two quotes further go to show my point that shooters can do just fine and dandy away from IPSC, USPSA, IDPA, etc...

My comments were only offered to serve as evidence that we still have gun ownership in the UK. There are many shooting options that fall outside of the UKPSA's arena (or desire).

What I do believe is that without IPSC the UKPSA would die and without the UKPSA Practical Shotgun (and/or IPSC Shotgun) would also die in the UK.

I see IPSC as absolutely critical for the long term good of Practical Shotgun in the UK.

Edited by Neil Beverley

...... Direct data shows that IPSC Regions don't have to hold "championship" matches in their Regions, as per those totalitarian regimes like Japan and China that (while nominally IPSC Regions)...do not. ...

I hate to rain on your parade but I have to come to the defense of Japan. It is most definitely one of the most vibrant DEMOCRACIES in the world. There is nothing totalitarian about it (at least for the last 50+ years).

Although I think their no civilian ownership of handguns is a stupid, wrong policy it is what the Japanese people want. For rifles and shotguns it's pretty much like Canada and Europe with lots of ownership in rural areas (although Japan doesn't really have a whole lot of rural areas) and the can hunt and target shoot with them.

DVC,

Sam

Umm...OK. After having lived in Japan for years, and studied various aspects of Japanese culture and history as incidentals in pursuit of one degree or another (or as part of one job or another), I tend to agree with the legion of folks smarter than I am who call Japan an example of totalitarian regime. A totalitarian regime run behind the scenes by unelected bureaucrats, corporations, and the mob as it has been for hundreds of years. Or to put it another way: Groupthink, with the "think" dictated from On High and enforced through a centrally controlled education system (which is why some folks keep an eye on the NEA, but I digress). We had the chance to change all that after WWII, but MacArthur had other ideas. Failure of the individual to adapt to the masses "Groupthink" are one strong reason behind Japan's phenomenally high suicide rate (even without guns ;) ). Japan's reflexive hatred of weapons in the hands of the hoi polloi dates back...well, centuries, and has nothing to do with so-called Democratic politics and everything to do with those in power, staying in power.

Which, I suspect, is the reason most of the rest of the world restricts weapons to those in power.

While I do not have my reference books over here, I can dig up some books you might want to read. I find international politics both interesting and entertaining :)

AW

REMINDER:

Lets get back on topic...this thread isn't about the differences and similarities of the different divisions. (feel free to start a seperate thread on that)

Nevermind...I split that off for you. The Standard & Limited discussion had enough posts already for it's own thread.