Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Robar Np-3 Coatings

Chuck D

I'm sending out a Glock slide to Robar for their NP-3 coating. I was wondering if coating the internal parts (connector, trigger bar, etc...) would be a good idea. All items are polished (the .25 cent trigger job) but I wonder if NP-3 protective coating would "smooth up" the polished surfaces and protect the contact surfaces thereby providing a smoother trigger for longer periods. Of course Robar says it will but I'd be interested to hear from people who have coated the internal parts of their Glocks and how they liked the finished product.

Advice sought and welcomed.... ;)

Thanks !!! :)

Slick is an understatement!

They just did my STI and the internals. They will not do sears, but they do hammers. They don't do both because the stuff is scary slick! So you may want to call and ask about strikers and triggers. I would like to know if they will do both of those. If they do...then my glock open internals will go in a baggy with Robars address.

And they are anal about numbering all parts! Every single piece of my limited gun has the last 3 digits of the serial # on them!

Edited by chmerr

cz%20np3%20001.jpg

cz%20np3%20002.jpg

Here are some pictures of A CZ I had them do. I was skeptical at first but I pulled a certificate off a prize table so I was like what the heck I'll send a gun I hardly shoot. Man this stuff is slick. It inproved what was aready a awesome trigger too. The coating is more gray than silver. I'm kind of thinking of sending my glock now.