Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

clang clang clang ka-ching!

ErikW

"Hey Erik, I'll give you ten bucks if you can hit all three US Poppers before the drop-turner. Make it twenty bucks. Load and make ready." Never heard that from an RO before.

The stage starts with a Pepper Popper which activates a flip-out target that stays visible and a drop turner that disappears. To the left of the DT are three USP stacked one behind the other. All you can do after drawing to the PP is either wait or shoot at USPs until the activated targets appear. This is all about 12 twelve yards away from the start box.

So I get all lined up for a fast draw to the PP and a nice swing about five yards to the left of it for the USP. Beep, dirty sight picture in the meat of the PP, clang, swing, good sight picture high on the first USP, clangclangclang, short swing up and to the right, dirty sight picture, bangbang, run and reload, finish off the stage's other arrays. Smoking high-14 second run. The crowd goes wild. RO gives me a twenty dollar bill. But there's controversy, I failed to engage the flip-out target in the first array. I got so engrossed in the PP-USP-DT key part of the array I forgot about it.

I'm bumming out, cleaning my mags, feeling like a complete ass for blowing a match trying to do a circus trick. A couple shooters go through the stage. Somebody wants to compare their time to mine. The ARO looks through the scoresheets, picks mine out, and finds... no time written down!

I give the RO his twenty back and step into the box for my reshoot. I miss the PP on the draw, make it up, then nail the three USP again. I index up to the DT, which isn't even there yet. I'm thinking, man I am hot shit! So I pick up the flip-out and go back to the DT, which still isn't there. Stop. Range equipment failure. Reshoot. I didn't want that run anyway with the miss on the draw.

Third time's a charm. Beep, dirty sight picture in the meat of the PP, clang, swing, good sight picture high on the first USP, clangclangclang, short swing up and to the right, dirty sight picture, bangbang, index down and right, dirty sight picture on the flip-out, bangbang, run and reload, finish the stage. A low-16 second run this time. RO hands me the $20. I buy drinks at the clubhouse bar. It's still my most profitable match ever.