Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR type rifle for newbie

BigDave

Kelly, took me awhile to look in here again, but in response. At the matches where I used my pistol, it was a pistol master against like B or C class rifle shooters. As well the shooters, being not too skilled, who set up do the same thing as we find with pistols, put the targets too close. Most were inside 25 yds, some at about 50 yds and a couple at 70 yds. Not hard for a pistol. The other problem is that due to gov't restrictions, the pistols get to have 10 rnds but rifles only have 5 rnds. So most courses deal with target to target (max 5 targets) then a reload. My Super is much easier to reload than an AR.

So the deck was stacked in my favor!

Pat

PS Challenged a couple of friends of mine who are ex-TRU team members, Their MP-5's against my super on some drills of their choosing. Should be fun!

(Edited by Pat Harrison at 5:45 am on June 30, 2001)

Pat,

I was just picking on you.  Inside of 15-20 yards, I would expect the pistol (limited or open) to be slightly faster than the rifle but I am going to do a test to find out.  However past that, a rifle/carbine will come into it's own.  I expect that you'll trounce mp-5s with your open gun.