Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Mags

Nemo

Wilsons always for me. Always loan some to people with feeding/jamming issues, and almost without fail the problem is solved. Had one friend who researched and decided that Tripps were the best mags money could buy. After watching him have fail to feed and jambing isues, I am not convinced.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "THERE IS NO PERFECT/GOLDEN/MAGIC/WONDER MAG". Some guns will run no matter what mag you use, some want Wilsons, some want Tripps, some won't run and it gets blamed on the mag. Buy one of each if you can or borrow some mags and try them in your gun. Usually the higher end mags tend to work better in most guns but not all. My guns run with anything....

My 45s will also work with any mags. However, my old CMCs gave me a little trouble because the follower would slide forward after feeding the last round and then they wouldn't drop free.

When I started shooting SSD, I started using ACT/Novaks because they were inexpensive and man did they work beautiful. As with the new Wilsons, the ACTs are a little longer making seating the fully-loaded mag easier than with the CMCs or the 47Ds. They worked perfectly until they were dropped a couple of times in the hard-packed and rocky Rio Salado turf. Lips bent and cracked and all hell broke loose. When compared with the Wilsons and CMC it's evident the metal of the ACTs is thinner and obviously more brittle. The ACTs are now relegated to loaners.

So... I bought 3 new 47Ds and got my 3 CMCs and two very old 47Ds out of retirement. Changed the base pads in the Wilsons for new .350". The EUREKA moment came when I decided to change the guts on the CMCs for the Wilson follower and spring kit. They seat a lot easier than even the 47s.

Hopefully life will be good again...

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried Wilson, CMC -old shooting star, SA, and Metalform.

The Wilsons have proven very reliable, including one that is about 17 yrs old.

They just keep running.

The old CMC/Shooting Star mags were about 90%. Sometimes they made it

through a match without choking but there was always that one or two times

they just didn't feed right. As said, they are the old CMC mags, not the new

Power Mags.

The Metalform worked less reliably than the CMC so it became a loader mag.

The SA that I have are 7 rd so they don't get used that much. But they have

never had an issue so far.

Never tried the Cobra or ACT. A friend had some Cobras and every one went

back after the weld started cracking. He eventually sold them and went to Wilsons.

Craig