Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Opinions On Ce Pocket Pro?

billdncn

Nice price. Will this give me the basics for practicing? Draw times, shot to shot, transitions, etc.? I've never owned, or used a shot timer, so I want something simple, and inexpensive, yet full of useful info.

Thanks, Bill

Edited by billdncn

I love my pocket pro, but I don't get much use out of it anymore. You can set the mic sensitivity, set par times, check the time of each and every shot. It's got all the basic functions. I would set a par time and practice dry fire or reload drills.

Now they've got the new PP-II out for the same price I think. You can alter the display to include more info than just final time. I've never used one of the new ones though and I'm not sure what people think of them.

Edited by splashdown

Bill,

The PP will work fine for what you need. All the timer does is record the time of a loud noise relative to the start signal. The PP has an instant start where it beeps as soon as you push the button or a delayed random start where the thing beeps within some limit after pushing the button so you can self RO for practice. To get the information you need you just use the review funcion: Draw: The elapsed time (ET) from start to the 1st shot; splits: ET between the shots; Transitions: ET between the last shot on the last target to the next shot on the next target. It also has par time meaning you will get a second beep a pre-programmed ET after the start. This is useful for dry fire (like in Steve Anderson's Book)

check out the instruction sheets at:

http://www.competitionelectronics.com/medi...Pocketpro01.pdf

http://www.competitionelectronics.com/pocket%20pro%20II.html

The PP2 seems to have more features than the PP at the expense of a harder to read LCD.

Later,

Chuck

I have the PP and am pretty happy with it. It does everything everyone above has mentioned. Our range just got the PPII's and they do not seem to work as well as the old PP's. I just picked up a CED7000 and this thing is outstanding. I like it much better than the other two timers. It is very easy to use ad adjusting sensetivity for indor and outdoor matches is a breaze. The 7000 is all the timer I could ever want. I highly recomend it.