Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lightening Slide On Open How Much?

i have a 5 inch open gun,9mm, 124g vv350 7.3 shoots soft but i feel that it is sluggish and have to wait to track the gun i want a slide that is fast and reliable just fitted a new slide with no cuts at all.

i have been using my steel gun and got use to the light gun that gives me a faster transition. any suggestions? i was thinking of brazos lightened slide in 9mm i wonder how much? or should i have another slide fit my gun and lightened? if so how much to take off and where do we cut. i would like it to be lightened but still have the gun to shoot soft.

Look at pictures from major gunsmiths. usually about 9.5-10 oz is all the lighter you can get.

Reerse plug cover ususually cut out some.

the sides of the slide in front of the bbl lugs on sides and top are cut up a lot in most guns

The rear milled off where the rear sight would be. and some even holes in from the sides. but i worry about cracking in many slides ... caspian even has certain places they reccomend not removing metal from. (can't remember where i read/heard this)

i have a 5 inch open gun,9mm, 124g vv350 7.3 shoots soft but i feel that it is sluggish and have to wait to track the gun i want a slide that is fast and reliable just fitted a new slide with no cuts at all.

i have been using my steel gun and got use to the light gun that gives me a faster transition. any suggestions? i was thinking of brazos lightened slide in 9mm i wonder how much? or should i have another slide fit my gun and lightened? if so how much to take off and where do we cut. i would like it to be lightened but still have the gun to shoot soft.

i'm currently running an 8lbs spring. and it is flawless.

say monneypenny, you said that its is prone to cracking by lightening the slides? so what would you recommend cut or no cut. anyone out there where there's lightening cut on the slide but didnt crack yet?

i see saul kirsh have holes on his open gun?