Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Choke An 18.5" Benelli Barrel

freeidaho

Greetings encyclopedia of all things 3-Gun;

Is there enough metal in the stock 18.5" Benelli M1S90 straight tube barrel to cut it for a choke?

I tried a search on this topic but either found nothing or found everything.

Thanks for your answers ! ! !

Ken Reed

Edited by freeidaho

if you want one i have one that is factory benelli, w/ sights. its a spare that i'll part with relatively, cheap.

trapr

Trapr,

Thanks for the kind offer! I already have a 18.5" and 24" barrel, so another 18.5 might be overkill.

Thanks again ! ! !

Ken Reed

ya wanna get rid of your 24"?

trapr

Trapr,

Possibly, make me an offer, freeidaho at yahoo dot com. The barrel is almost new, but has some shiny spots in the bluing. It is threaded, and has a single choke installed, marked Steel Shot Ok CL. I had to modify the forestock to make it work, since I had the forestock for the 18.5" barrel. Not a difficult modification.

Ken Reed

Edited by freeidaho

I just had this conversation with Carlson's (KS) - as long as the OD of the barrel is >0.825", they can install their standard tubes. Less than 0.825" and they'll install a Tru-Choke thin wall system, but you can't shoot slugs out of that.

They quoted $150 to thread the barrel, and 3 extended choke tubes of my choice with return shipping and a 2 day turn around.

Is Briley that much better? I realize that they're good, but that good?

I just had this conversation with Carlson's (KS) - as long as the OD of the barrel is >0.825", they can install their standard tubes. Less than 0.825" and they'll install a Tru-Choke thin wall system, but you can't shoot slugs out of that.

They quoted $150 to thread the barrel, and 3 extended choke tubes of my choice with return shipping and a 2 day turn around.

Is Briley that much better? I realize that they're good, but that good?

Mornin';

Just talked with a very knowledgable fellow at Briley on the phone. They need 0.850" outside diameter of barrel to put in Benelli chokes. They can put their thin chokes into my 18.5" barrel which is 0.827" outside diameter, and I can shoot slugs through it. They advised the current price is $179 with three chokes, and there is a two week turn around time.

Thanks for pointing me to Briley.

Ken Reed

Edited by freeidaho