Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Like The Ultra-low Gas Prices Here In Ohio

Chris Keen

Its like everything else the middle men make the big bucks and compition drives prices.

General public drives prices, not competition......it's all on what someone is willing to pay....if NO ONE is willing to pay the price, the price will drop.

If one person has something everyone uses, they will set the price as high as they can.

If 20 pople have it will the price be as high?

Consumers effect supply which effects price as well.

For non us oil there are a lot of hands in the pot.

Land owner (OPEC), pipeline co, terminal owner, tanker owner, off loading terminal owner, marketer, pipeline owner, refiner, distributor, station and then throw in the speculators who drive up prices by holding spot contracts.

If GM came out with a car that ran on water what would happen to oil, it would be worthless but the water companies would raise there price.

I could go into greater detail on the oil industry (I wrote a thesis on it) but I wont, it makes my head hurt.

I am done, need humor, need humor now.

Its like everything else the middle men make the big bucks and compition drives prices.

General public drives prices, not competition......it's all on what someone is willing to pay....if NO ONE is willing to pay the price, the price will drop.

If one person has something everyone uses, they will set the price as high as they can.

If 20 pople have it will the price be as high?

Consumers effect supply which effects price as well.

Right, if one person or 20 has something a consumer wants and the price is rediculous, no one buys the item and the price will drop to something more reasonable.

The gas-station-guy-with-binoculars has been around since the beginning of time.. but, also, the heads of major competitors do talk to each other all the time as well-- they aren't allowed to discuss pricing and such, but they do talk a lot.