Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plated Bullets With Glock?

elenius

Good luck with plated bullets in a Glock. It can be done and done reasonably well, but it isn't often on the first try and it isn't often very easy. Berry is probably one of the better plated bullets you can use, so that is a positive point.

Keep the crimp to an absolute minimum, I would rather have .001" of flare left in the case than .001" of crimp into the bullet. I'd bet you a beer they will shoot better with a little flare too.

If it doesn't work well at first and you have made sure that you aren't crimping into the bullet switch powders. My best luck so far has been with slower powders than I use for lead or jacketed.

I use 200 FP raniers in the 45 36 and 30 and 124 FP in the 9MM 19.

Works well, just dont overcrimp or the plating will seperate from the lead. Just enough crimp to take out the flair.

They tend to like a load like a lead bullet, they are a little softer that the hard FMJ bullets.

I have loades and used 1000's and love them.

Good luck with plated bullets in a Glock.

I've never had an issue with plated bullets. Maybe I'm missing something or just got lucky, but literally tens of thousands of rounds of Berry and Rainiers have gone into the berm without incident.

I have had some bullets wrinkle up when seating them. I solved that by opening up the bell just a bit, but I crimp normally.

HK Dan