Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Angled Scope Mount For 2nd Optic

Garrett

I just saw where Yankee Hill Machine has a 45 degree offset scope mount for a flattop upper. I never seem to get around to drilling & tapping my forend for a second optic for my Open rifle. Seems this would be an excellent solution.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Angle_Mounts.jpg

If I were to get the "5-slot" mount, would the brass deflector on my rifle interfere with it? If so, would the "3-slot" mount fit? I would prefer to not have to move my primary scope if I can help it.

100_3414copy.jpg

Edited by Garrett

I think that would be a good way to add a second optic to your rifle. I used something similar to that a while back using holosight. It shouldnt interfere w/ your brass ejection. The only drawback that i can think of is, most dot optics seem to look/perform better when they are farther away from your eye, ie mounted on the handguard.

here's a doctor mounted on a YHM 3 slot version.

Nice. How well would a more "traditional" dot like a C-more or a tube fit? How's the dot height?

nice bipod string. I always forget one and end up robbing the string off my brass bag. :huh:

here's a doctor mounted on a YHM 3 slot version.

Nice. How well would a more "traditional" dot like a C-more or a tube fit? How's the dot height?

nice bipod string. I always forget one and end up robbing the string off my brass bag. :huh:

BTDT-those are way too high from the bore...stick with a docter or JP point.

• 2 weeks later...

Try these out:

AMS Machine

Saw one for the first time today (thank goodness for getting called back out of training), side by side with a YHM. First, the grade of material is WAAAAY better and the screws and mounting plates are 10x better. Much better connections and much stronger too.

Too, Tom is one of the just the nicest people that you could ever meet. Check out too their mounting base for JPoint's and Doctors. Pretty sweet as it's got "ears" similar to JP's mount, but this will mount to a rail. Too, Tom makes various a really sweet flashlight mounts for those of y'all with purpose built rifles. The big thing that they're working out now is to have Quick Detach levers for everything. That should be available very soon.

I'm experimenting with a new railed handguard system of theirs soon. We'll hopefully have everything up and running for the Area 6 3-Gun. If so, I'll have demonstration models out for viewing, along with my rifle for the match. It'll allow you to replace your plastic handguards, with a true free float rail and still retain the delta ring. Pretty sweet.

On the scope mounts, they're definitely way better and the same price, if not cheaper.

Just let 'em know that Rich referred you.

Hope that helped.