Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry Fire Reloading

want2race

I put this together today as a training aid. You can mute it if you don't like the music (this is your warning).

The last two I tried leaving the gun up higher. Stock Glock19 but using an extended G17 mag and mag holder in Ltd position on belt. The last one also shows my finger clearly out of the trigger guard. I'd been wondering lately what my finger does when I reload at speed. Now I know.

I worked with my new timer today too, finally bought one. I was able to reload and pull the trigger on target right at 1.5 (par time). Not all the time, about 70%. At least it's a start.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=944148875356863872

Edited by want2race

Don't drop the gun down.

Fire your last shot, slap your left hand down, hit the button and pull the gun back and tip to the right so you can see the magwell, point your finger at the magwell and seat the mag, and then push the gun straight forward while you get your left hand on the gun, fire next shot...

ETA: Quick video...Reload

You'll see me pull the gun in a little more than some, but I feel like I'm more consistent this way.

Edited by Matt Cheely

I think you have a very good base for a competition reload.

Matt mentions not dropping the gun, I agree 115%. I also THINK he is telling you to pull back just a bit on the gun and find the point where it works for you, some really good shooters pull back more than others.

WHACK the crap out of the mag release, NOTHING good will come from the mag dropping late, trust me on this one. Get the old mag gone NOW!!!!

Also work on getting the weak hand on the mag ASAP. REALLY push getting the mag in hand ASAP, then work on getting it to the magwell ASAP.

You have a very nice and very smooth dry fire reload, the potential for a really spectcullar reload is there IMO.